Cambridge physics natural sciences module, without physics A level?

Watch
hariisawesome
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hey guys,
I was just wondering about studying the Physics module in the first year of the Natural Sciences course at Cambridge. It says on the website that ‘Either Maths and Physics, or Maths and Further Maths with 3 modules of Mechanics’ is required to study physics in the first year. I was wondering if it is actually possible in practice to do the first year physics module without physics A level, with only maths and further maths. If not, is it possible to do physics in the first year if the physics A level syllabus content is learnt before joining Cambridge, such as during the summer after A levels?
I am very grateful for your help. Thanks!!
vicvic38
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by hariisawesome)
Hey guys,
I was just wondering about studying the Physics module in the first year of the Natural Sciences course at Cambridge. It says on the website that ‘Either Maths and Physics, or Maths and Further Maths with 3 modules of Mechanics’ is required to study physics in the first year. I was wondering if it is actually possible in practice to do the first year physics module without physics A level, with only maths and further maths. If not, is it possible to do physics in the first year if the physics A level syllabus content is learnt before joining Cambridge, such as during the summer after A levels?
I am very grateful for your help. Thanks!!
Well, the three modules thing is out of date anyway, because modules are no longer a thing.
hariisawesome
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by vicvic38)
Well, the three modules thing is out of date anyway, because modules are no longer a thing.
Well yes, but the point is is it possible?? Thx
ayumie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I think it could be possible but just unlikely. Almost everyone competing for Physics places on the course would've taken Physics.
I'd say email one of the colleges you're interested in, they're really good at responding quickly.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
If it states you can do the module with just maths and further maths then you can do it with just those two-it wouldn’t have that as an entry requirement if you couldn’t.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.05%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (67)
21.27%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (59)
18.73%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (67)
21.27%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
9.84%
I haven't started researching yet (31)
9.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed