Hair color suggestions that don't fade fast? Fancying a change!

Watch
Ashfire45
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I'm a medium-dark brown haired girl naturally and I really really really really want to go auburn - I'm sick of my harsh black hair against my very pale skin. However, soon I'll be moving out for uni, and I don't know if I'll be able to afford going to a salon every two months?

As I mentioned before, my skin's very pale with red undertones, and my eyes are blue-gray-green... So I guess cool toned eyes as well, haha.

So, can you recommend hair colors where I'd get my money's worth? I think I might go brunette, but I'd like to get it bleached to a way lighter one to compliment my fair skin more.

Also, would a chestnut brown (a brown with a touch of red to it) fade quickly because of that red tone to it?

Thanks guys! <3
Last edited by Ashfire45; 4 days ago
queenieana21
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Red fades so easily. Even in an auburn. I have tried so hard. I’d say maybe a golden brown. Lighter one.
FV75
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Pale and interesting is the best way forward!

I've also got dark brown hair (and pale skin) and every time I've used a dye with ANY hint of red/copper in it (in salons as well as at home), my hair comes out still brown but with horrible yellowy-brassy tones (and once, very bright orange-ginger - that was at a salon) which have remained in my hair until it has been cut off, regardless of what else I did to try to remove it (even re-dyeing it didn't work). Far from the lovely coppery goddess I had intended to be, I ended up looking like I smoked heavily and had stained my hair nicotine yellow.

So I just wanted to say be careful what you wish for..and get it done at a salon!
Ashfire45
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by queenieana21)
Red fades so easily. Even in an auburn. I have tried so hard. I’d say maybe a golden brown. Lighter one.
That must have been a frustrating journey... I'm starting to think that while reds are undeniably gorgeous, if you aren't a natural one, the only way to keep it nice looking is with those bimonthly salon touch ups. If someone has the money or personal interest to keep doing that, that's absolutely fine... But I'll never be a glamour model so I personally can't justify it, LOL.

Googling golden browns, the clouds parted and angels song. What a GORGEOUS color!! Thank you so much for suggesting it!!!!
queenieana21
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Ashfire45)
That must have been a frustrating journey... I'm starting to think that while reds are undeniably gorgeous, if you aren't a natural one, the only way to keep it nice looking is with those bimonthly salon touch ups. If someone has the money or personal interest to keep doing that, that's absolutely fine... But I'll never be a glamour model so I personally can't justify it, LOL.

Googling golden browns, the clouds parted and angels song. What a GORGEOUS color!! Thank you so much for suggesting it!!!!
No problem! That actually the colour I am thinking of going. I am a natural brunette but my hair is a lighter brown.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.05%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (67)
21.27%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (59)
18.73%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (67)
21.27%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
9.84%
I haven't started researching yet (31)
9.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed