mila679
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 hours ago
So I’m getting braces soon only on one row of teeth and I just wanna know everything I need to know, do they hurt a lot and do you have to wear a retainer for the rest of your life?
imaniii
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 hours ago
For me the first 2 weeks hurt like motherfu**** but then it got better. You’ll have to eat soft foods and liquids only for the first few days or a week, can’t remember. But after that you’ll gradually be able to move to more solid foods. You’ll need to wear a retainer for the rest of your life, yes )) it’s not that bad though
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 hours ago
They definitely hurt quite a bit to start with (even a couple of days after you get them fitted) so make sure that you have some soft foods! and they're also quite uncomfortable whenever you get them tightened (pain gets less and last for a shorter amount of time the more you get them tightened though)
Not sure about retainers
mila679
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 hours ago
(Original post by imaniii)
For me the first 2 weeks hurt like motherfu**** but then it got better. You’ll have to eat soft foods and liquids only for the first few days or a week, can’t remember. But after that you’ll gradually be able to move to more solid foods. You’ll need to wear a retainer for the rest of your life, yes )) it’s not that bad though
Nooo fr?! My teeth aren’t that bad ngl but does it bother you? Hopefully it might hurt less because I’m not getting braces on both sets
Last edited by mila679; 17 hours ago
imaniii
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 hours ago
(Original post by mila679)
Nooo fr?! My teeth aren’t that bad ngl but does it bother you? Hopefully it might hurt less because I’m not getting braces on both sets
My teeth weren’t looking bad at all before braces, however I feel like my arch was not that great so it might be the reason why it hurt like that. It was uncomfortable. But it wasn’t that bad. I also got my braces only on my upper row first so....
Munch Munchy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 17 hours ago
Different people have different experiences for me on the first couple of days they were kind of painful not to bad and when your eating I suggest you have soft food because eating hard food hurts really bad. Also when u first get them they feel kind of weird in your mouth.But I promise those feeling only last for a few days and you’ll get used. Tightening the braces can be quite painful but again the pain goes away after a few days. I haven’t got my braces taken of so I don’t much about retainers. If u have any more any questions feel free to ask
Jesscruzx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 hours ago
They kill but it’s worth it be glad u didn’t have blocks first aha , soup is good for the first few days and for the retainers baso Yh buh it depends how long it takes ur teeth to shift around
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (28)
19.44%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (37)
25.69%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (20)
13.89%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (35)
24.31%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (12)
8.33%
I haven't started researching yet (12)
8.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed