My girlfriend is obsessed with a k-pop singer?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
We’re both in our early 20s, and my girl friend has a successful career, is mature and has worked hard to get where she’s at.

However, she’s obsessed with a k-pop group, BTS? Maybe ‘obsessed’ is an exaggeration, but I mean she listens to them more or less every day, watches all of their latest videos and “live streams”. Trust me, these guys release a lot of content.

In particular she loves one of the members, Jimin. He’s literally her phone background lol. Do you think this is weird? I know she has a stressful job and she says that they are a bit of escapism from life’s stressors, but I can’t help but find it odd?

In particular she really likes one of the members, Jimin? And I don’t know if you’re aware of this guy, but he is very feminine looking. Like ridiculously so.

I just find it weird that a girl can find a man who looks so feminine attractive?? It’s just weird but she gets annoyed when I say anything.

Am I in the wrong?
Hudds999
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
She’s a lesbian bro
Anonymous #1
I’m trying to upload some photos of that guy but it’s not working.
imaniii
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
lmaoo let the girl live 😂😂
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It is completely normal.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hudds999)
She’s a lesbian bro
Google the guy “Jimin”. Honestly you’d see where I’m coming from.
JokesOnYoo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
how old are you both?
Hudds999
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I know what you mean, know idea how women can be attracted to them is madness. Looks like they don’t own a pair of balls, k pop is odd to me. I doubt she’s a lesbian, she just finds that type attractive.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sinfonietta)
It is completely normal.
Do you see any appeal in that Jimin?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hudds999)
I know what you mean, know idea how women can be attracted to them is madness. Looks like they don’t own a pair of balls, k pop is odd to me. I doubt she’s a lesbian, she just finds that type attractive.
I feel a bit better when I think how many girls faun over this guy lol. But still I don’t think it’s something I’d ever understand.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do you see any appeal in that Jimin?
I'm not into BTS so I don't know who that is.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Meh, if she likes them and their music, its probably nothing.
A lot of girls seem to 'obsess' about BTS. Your girlfriend just happens to be one of them :dontknow:
saskiax
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
well he's beautiful so that's why she likes looking at him
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's a non issue
SuperiorPotato
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
We’re both in our early 20s, and my girl friend has a successful career, is mature and has worked hard to get where she’s at.

However, she’s obsessed with a k-pop group, BTS? Maybe ‘obsessed’ is an exaggeration, but I mean she listens to them more or less every day, watches all of their latest videos and “live streams”. Trust me, these guys release a lot of content.

In particular she loves one of the members, Jimin. He’s literally her phone background lol. Do you think this is weird? I know she has a stressful job and she says that they are a bit of escapism from life’s stressors, but I can’t help but find it odd?

In particular she really likes one of the members, Jimin? And I don’t know if you’re aware of this guy, but he is very feminine looking. Like ridiculously so.

I just find it weird that a girl can find a man who looks so feminine attractive?? It’s just weird but she gets annoyed when I say anything.

Am I in the wrong?
Bruh Jimin is beautiful I don't blame her
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That is normal tbh.
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
But in all seriousness it's nothing to worry about and yes streaming is a very important thing and Jimin is her bias so it's normal. Also what's wrong with liking men that look feminine? It's their style and culture and there's nothing wrong with it. No wonder she's going to be annoyed if you make comments like that.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SuperiorPotato)
But in all seriousness it's nothing to worry about and yes streaming is a very important thing and Jimin is her bias so it's normal. Also what's wrong with liking men that look feminine? It's their style and culture and there's nothing wrong with it. No wonder she's going to be annoyed if you make comments like that.
This is exactly what she says. I honestly don’t get why he’s so beautiful... I just don’t get why people like men who look feminine? He literally wears makeup in some photos? This is her phone background lol (I can’t upload for some reason) https://www.google.com/search?client...H55NPeTqaJbf3M

I understand she has a stressful job and sometimes it’s nice to have a bit of relief like me with my gaming. But there’s plenty of British/ American bands out there who look like actual men, why a random Korean group lol.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by saskiax)
well he's beautiful so that's why she likes looking at him
That’s what she says but I honestly don’t get it.
Issakatie
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Everyone has different types that's all, I personally find a lot of the Korean singers and actors attractive as they have a cute look with a lean build (I'm straight). Some women prefer other looks like typically 'masculine' or well built. So yes everyone has different types looks wise, not weird to find feminine looking guys attractive.

I don't find it odd that she's into BTS a lot and is a big fan. Not to be stereotyping but a lot of guys are into video games and so I guess it's the same thing (idk what your hobbies are).

I think the only thing I would be annoyed about is the phone background. I would be annoyed if I had a bf who had another girl as his phone background!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (56)
9.03%
Confident (81)
13.06%
Indifferent (89)
14.35%
Unsure (159)
25.65%
Worried (235)
37.9%

Watched Threads