Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    "Ping Pong's coming home" - Boris Johnson in a speech to Team GB after the closing ceremony gets my vote.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    big waste of time and money. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    WELCOME TO LONDON! Please head towards Leicester Square for China Town! For Indians, follow directions to Wembley and Tooting! Somalians go south to Streatham! Carribeans head west to Notting Hill! Africans try Brixton! Greeks it's Golders Green and Polish it's Wood Green! For a real taste of England, travel North!

ReputationRep:
    The tax man made this one up!

More gold meds, less NHS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelG)
    big waste of time and money. :yep:
    :mad: That attitude just gets on my nerves. Sure, it costs a lot of money but so does a lot of things. It's a priveledge to have the games here in our lifetime... sometimes British people annoy me so much...

ReputationRep:
    "go away.."

:p:

ReputationRep:
    'We're taxing you for this, so you better enjoy it!'

ReputationRep:
    Love Sport, Love London, Love Boris

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keekee107)
    :mad: That attitude just gets on my nerves. Sure, it costs a lot of money but so does a lot of things. It's a priveledge to have the games here in our lifetime... sometimes British people annoy me so much...
    funnily enough, that attitude gets on my nerves too.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    WELCOME TO LONDON! Please head towards Leicester Square for China Town! For Indians, follow directions to Wembley and Tooting! Somalians go south to Streatham! Carribeans head west to Notting Hill! Africans try Brixton! Greeks it's Golders Green and Polish it's Wood Green! For a real taste of England, travel North!
    Actually Greeks - Haringey and Polish - West London, Carribeans - Hackney, Brixton, Lewisham

ReputationRep:
    Boris has a golden baton, grab it quick whilst you can.

ReputationRep:
    funnily enough, that attitude gets on my nerves too.:yep:
    Agreed!

I like the "you're paying for it, you'd better enjoy it"

ReputationRep:
    2012 is gonna be such a flop compared to beijing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Could have slipped in Israeli's go to edgware etc etc but otherwise I think that's repworthy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green Ray)
    2012 is gonna be such a flop compared to beijing
    of course

We always do things like this "quite well" ... never fantastic - half measures

But we build them up so much - then they dissapoint

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoJaRe)
    Agreed!

I like the "you're paying for it, you'd better enjoy it"
    hahah its going to be painful to watch im sure.

edit: This is going to be one of those typical British things where we try and make a big fuss, but in the end it simply turns out to be a bit ***** :yep:.

ReputationRep:
    hahah its going to be painful to watch im sure.
    It will be if people are so critical...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keekee107)
    It will be if people are so critical...
    i admire your defiant pluck, you remind me of a modern British attitude. At the end of the day, its going to be pretty terrible, its just one of those things.

I mean the weather will just piss it down, and our athletes will throw a tantrum, its just what happens im afraid! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seven_Three)
    'We're taxing you for this, so you better enjoy it!'
    They should force the sponsors who get all those seats to actually fill the seats that they book as part of the deal.

"You're paying for it, so you WILL enjoy it!"

ReputationRep:
    "Enjoy it! No one here seems to be!"

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.