Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keekee107)
    Sure, the Olympics will cost more to host than it brings in but it will bring in tourism and notority. It's not all just one big cost.

Why have bought a TV, an ipod, a bed, a new carpet; when you could donate all your money to medical research? It's all the same argument. To me, The Olympics is well worth it. It's a once in a lifetime thing and it's worth the expenditure because of that.

Maybe you do live in Wales, but Great Britain is still your country. Events will still be held throughout the country. I, for one, don't live in London but I do respect that London is the centre of our country and - despite the fact it will take me 5 hours to travel there, I can still go and watch events, as can you.

There'll be reason for the building of a new track there. The country is small, transport is already a major problem. Sure, the logo was a waste of money but they're not idiots - despite what you think, and he will have outweighed the cost with the benefit.
    Indeed, all these people complaining, they will readily accept the money that is generated as a result (perhaps not directly through merchandise etc, but things like foreign investment as a result of London having a spotlight on it) of the Olympics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoJaRe)
    beyond painful !

Yes it'll all be hyped up and then flop

We're bad enough at making a fuss of athletes - then they fail because of/under the pressure

Imagine this !

i think its quite amusing, that people are overly optimistic. i would like it if they stayed optimistic, because then its much funnier when we do flop :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelG)
    go for it my love, im just not bothered with the olympics... one lad or lass can run round a track .0001 of a second faster than another, its just so irrelevant!

you have fun getting involved with it though
    Thanks. I'm not quite as mad as I seem - just passionate about the Olympics. If only I could actually do a sport :o: Ahh welll

Travelling to London.... £50.... Ticket for the Opening ceremony.... £300... Watching Boris conduct the London 2012 Olympic Games... Priceless
    And lol, that is good...

ReputationRep:
    Really can't think of a slogan. The Beijing one was good, something general like that would be nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    WELCOME TO LONDON! Please head towards Leicester Square for China Town! For Indians, follow directions to Wembley and Tooting! Somalians go south to Streatham! Carribeans head west to Notting Hill! Africans try Brixton! Greeks it's Golders Green and Polish it's Wood Green! For a real taste of England, travel North!
    To likely be savagely attacked if your an ethnic minority, head North! :p: (j/k)

ReputationRep:
    London 2012: People running an' sheet.

ReputationRep:
    i think its quite amusing, that people are overly optimistic. i would like it if they stayed optimistic, because then its much funnier when we do flop :yep:
    I'd like to be as optimistic as these guys but my way i am either pleasantly surprised or completely right

Usually the latter - pesimists are great psychics !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keekee107)
    Thanks. I'm not quite as mad as I seem - just passionate about the Olympics. If only I could actually do a sport :o: Ahh welll
    haha no please, do be mad about it, I love an eccentric Britain .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeSiFiEd)
    Olympics 2012
    MAJOR Traffic Jams in East London

Olympics 2012
    Our logo looks like Lisa Simpson giving head

Olympics 2012
    Happy Birthday Tom Daley, finally hit puberty *applause*

LMAO!

ReputationRep:
    Overly optimistic? Clearly you do not own a TV or radio or haven't been reading any opinions because most people who are looking forward to London have said that we won't do better than Beijing. Instead, it will be more fun and personal.

And I can't believe you actually want London to do badly. Thats a despicable attitude to have, why would you want your own country to be embarrassed with the whole world watching? Get a life.

ReputationRep:
    London 2012: Let your imagination build the venues!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)
    Overly optimistic? Clearly you do not own a TV or radio or haven't been reading any opinions because most people who are looking forward to London have said that we won't do better than Beijing. Instead, it will be more fun and personal.

And I can't believe you actually want London to do badly. Thats a despicable attitude to have, why would you want your own country to be embarrassed with the whole world watching? Get a life.

:rolleyes:

i think you've missed my point somewhat.

I dont want London (or any country for that matter) to do badly, frankly i couldnt give a rats arse about who wins or loses whatever.

I dont know if you're being naive on purpose or not, I can assure you though, the London Olympics will be many things but "fun and personal" it will not be.

ReputationRep:
    Keep the fun Sporting and Conservative.

I plan by then, Cameron will already be in power and already struggling.

ReputationRep:
    "This slogan cost £12.2m"

ReputationRep:
    Please remember to bring your umbrella!

ReputationRep:
    London 2012: Olympics... without the human rights abuses!

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

i think you've missed my point somewhat.

I dont want London (or any country for that matter) to do badly, frankly i couldnt give a rats arse about who wins or loses whatever.

I dont know if you're being naive on purpose or not, I can assure you though, the London Olympics will be many things but "fun and personal" it will not be.
    its much funnier when we do flop :yep:
    Don't give a "rats arse"? Sounds to me like your looking forward for London to "flop" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Usman938)
    hug a hoody?
    stab a chav
    Spank a spiv.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)
    Don't give a "rats arse"? Sounds to me like your looking forward for London to "flop" :rolleyes:

Okay thats fine, I guess I'll just have to say it again;

I don't care what happens. I've never been involved with the olympics in any way, I've simply never been interested in it. Do you understand that for some people, the olympics are meaningless? Having London host them will simply mean it'll be impossible to go to London during that time, it'll be teeming!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Greeks it's Golders Green
    Don't you mean Jews? :curious:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.