Infected helix piercing

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 19 hours ago
I got my helix/cartilage pierced about 7 months ago and it’s always getting infected then clears up then gets infected again and I’ve now got a keloid
Anyways of helping my infected piercing?
aamy12
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 hours ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I got my helix/cartilage pierced about 7 months ago and it’s always getting infected then clears up then gets infected again and I’ve now got a keloid
Anyways of helping my infected piercing?
I got a double helix in November last year and had the same problems. Diluted tea tree oil can help but it must be diluted or else it will irritate the piercing more. If you put it on a cotton pad and hold it on for about 5 minutes it should reduce swelling and can draw the infection out - just make sure you clean it after.
Chamomile tea bags can also help. Boil the kettle and make a cup of tea with the tea bag and leave it until it cools down enough that it is comfortable to hold on your skin. Make sure that there is water in the tea bag so that it can wet your ear. This helps to reduce the swelling and draw out the infection. Again, make sure you clean your piercing properly after.
These won't work straight away though so you need to do it everyday until it calms down.
If you keep getting infections, leave the earring in and go see a doctor as they can give you some antibiotics that will hopefully stop the infections from coming back.
Just make sure that you're still cleaning it will warm saline as piercings can take upwards of/up to a year to heal.
Hope you're okay!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 hours ago
(Original post by aamy12)
I got a double helix in November last year and had the same problems. Diluted tea tree oil can help but it must be diluted or else it will irritate the piercing more. If you put it on a cotton pad and hold it on for about 5 minutes it should reduce swelling and can draw the infection out - just make sure you clean it after.
Chamomile tea bags can also help. Boil the kettle and make a cup of tea with the tea bag and leave it until it cools down enough that it is comfortable to hold on your skin. Make sure that there is water in the tea bag so that it can wet your ear. This helps to reduce the swelling and draw out the infection. Again, make sure you clean your piercing properly after.
These won't work straight away though so you need to do it everyday until it calms down.
If you keep getting infections, leave the earring in and go see a doctor as they can give you some antibiotics that will hopefully stop the infections from coming back.
Just make sure that you're still cleaning it will warm saline as piercings can take upwards of/up to a year to heal.
Hope you're okay!
OMG thank you so much!! I appreciate that a lot
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 hours ago
Best thing for keloid is to massage it with bio oil. Google up the technique. Better to do it when it has just formed rather than later as it will not have the same effect. But I'm not too sure with regards to the piercing?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 minutes ago
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
Best thing for keloid is to massage it with bio oil. Google up the technique. Better to do it when it has just formed rather than later as it will not have the same effect. But I'm not too sure with regards to the piercing?
Okay thank you so much I’ll try this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (33)
20.63%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (41)
25.63%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (23)
14.38%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (36)
22.5%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (15)
9.38%
I haven't started researching yet (12)
7.5%

Watched Threads