Turn on thread page Beta

Capital I in I'm? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleur_de_haine)
    Yes; yes it should be capitalised! I think you should slap her with a book, preferably something large and heavy.
    Like the Oxford English Dictionary, and then she may hopefully read it upon waking.

ReputationRep:
    i'm looks so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    Like the Oxford English Dictionary, and then she may hopefully read it upon waking.
    I shudder to think how many students she's told this along the way, if of course this (the thread) isn't another fine example of trolling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma_08)
    Lol.
    'lol' shouldn't have a capital 'l'. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imtired)
    **** capitals, get rid of them they're pointless.
    But where would governments do whatever it is that they do? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v1oXx-)
    'lol' shouldn't have a capital 'l'. :p:
    :eek:
    z0mG!!

I made a grammatical errorrrr.

lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justjoshing)
    I was alway lead to belive there was a Capital I in I'm and I've and so on. My english teacher said this is not the case. She said you should only use Capital I in I'm or I've at the start of a sentence.
    Some student's argued this not to be true.
    Please tell me she's been fired?

Or burned by a thousand burning coals?

Bloody hell...

ReputationRep:
    I've always known I've and I'm to have capitals, maybe your teacher is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    And your teacher graduated with a degree in english? ...

ReputationRep:
    Tell her TSR says shes a n00b.

ReputationRep:
    Ask her what her reason is for thinking I should not be capitalized and post it here. I', looking for a reason to laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma_08)
    :eek:
    z0mG!!

I made a grammatical errorrrr.

lol.

I hope the ':p: ' showed I wasn't serious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v1oXx-)
    I hope the ':p: ' showed I wasn't serious

Yeah, I know.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    I used to have an English teacher who couldn't spell to save her life, had a bunch of crazy ideas about grammar, and insisted "puzzle" was spelt "puzzel", and "syllable" was "syllabul". Led to a very funny moment when she stormed angrily to the dictionary, found the word, put the book back silently and never mentioned it again.

The class got in really bad trouble for taking the mick out of her... eventually she had a break-down and cried to us about how parents had complained. Ah, the good old days of Year 9.

ReputationRep:
    I was alway lead to belive there was a Capital I in I'm and I've and so on. My english teacher said this is not the case. She said you should only use Capital I in I'm or I've at the start of a sentence.
    I think your English teacher is incorrect and talking a load of rubbish. Spell checker also agrees with your theory.

ReputationRep:
    I think the amount of spelling and grammatical errors in this topic is laughable, people claiming she's wrong, yet you can't spell basic words?

ReputationRep:
    I've never used a capital I in 'I'm' or 'I've' before in the middle of a sentence and it was never seen as wrong.
    Is it possible that both a capital I and a lower case I may be correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green Ray)
    if i was you i would change teacher....... quick
    I think that's pretty good advice:yep:

ReputationRep:
    I have totaly had this outrage ever since I saw the McAdvert saying "i'm lovin' it"

I was like

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD=

ReputationRep:
    You always use a capital I for that. Always.

Oh and students (the plural of student) does not contain an apostrophe.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.