The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Am I the only person who haven't heard back from Imperial yet?

Finding friends :smile:
Anyone here still didn't receive any response?
I did my interview around the end of May.
Hello

Basically, you already applied in May which means two months have passed since you submitted your application to them. Systematically, all UK uni send you their decision within 6 to 8 weeks, so this should not be the case of waiting for more than two months.

Moreover, logically, if there is more delay from the school then there will be also a delay in visa application, applying for a scholarship from sponsor or managing money from family for a certain individual "other things to do to arrive at your school which you can not do it without the admission specifically for international students ", so abundant of students will not BE able to attend the September term due to such disturbance by the uni which is not to the advantage of the school. Without taking into consideration that there are plenty of students planning to defer the admission of this year plus a delay from school to other students means a complete disaster where the school runs with a few numbers of students

Consequently, due to all of these facts, that they must reply to you within the timeframe they provided to you as an applicant to this school through the website of the uni, and the drawbacks of the late reply via them

Therefore, my advice is to be patient one more week hopefully they get back to you if not then never to wait for one university to response, and apply to as many as you can of schools

Good luck
(edited 3 years ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by BA2000
Hello

Basically, you already applied in May which means two months have passed since you submitted your application to them. Systematically, all UK uni send you their decision within 6 to 8 weeks, so this should not be the case of waiting for more than two months.

Moreover, logically, if there is more delay from the school then there will be also a delay in visa application, applying for a scholarship from sponsor or managing money from family for a certain individual "other things to do to arrive at your school which you can not do it without the admission specifically for international students ", so abundant of students will not BE able to attend the September term due to such disturbance by the uni which is not to the advantage of the school. Without taking into consideration that there are plenty of students planning to defer the admission of this year plus a delay from school to other students means a complete disaster where the school runs with a few numbers of students

Consequently, due to all of these facts, that they must reply to you within the timeframe they provided to you as an applicant to this school through the website of the uni, and the drawbacks of the late reply via them

Therefore, my advice is to be patient one more week hopefully they get back to you if not then never to wait for one university to response, and apply to as many as you can of schools

Good luck

Thank you very much for your advice :smile:
Original post by SPP8
Thank you very much for your advice :smile:

My pleasure
I'd still hang in there! Normally it is very (very) unusual for Imperial to have interviews past March, so you probably got a boost thanks to the pandemic. You might be a borderline applicant and just waiting to see if there are any deferrals.
Reply 5
Original post by FortitudeBank
I'd still hang in there! Normally it is very (very) unusual for Imperial to have interviews past March, so you probably got a boost thanks to the pandemic. You might be a borderline applicant and just waiting to see if there are any deferrals.

Thank you!
One last thing to mention to you, it is a rational guess now by me, usually, the rejection is a fast reply at the same time the hiring process consumes time, so your percentage-wise of being accepted is relatively high,

I agree at this stage that you have a limited narrow time to get on track for other things to do to arrive on time to your school, but I think they are highly professionals they will reach you as soon as possible, no worries, and really best of luck
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by BA2000
One last thing to mention to you, it is a rational guess now by me, usually, the rejection is a fast reply at the same time the hiring process consumes time, so your percentage-wise of being accepted is relatively high,

I agree at this stage that you have a limited narrow time to get on track for other things to do to arrive on time to your school, but I think they are highly professionals they will reach you as soon as possible, no worries, and really best of luck

Oh that sounds promising. I'm applying a master and everything was completed in the beginning of May. I know it's a bit late but the course I was applying was still open on that time....and still nothing from them yet:frown: Hope I can hear from them soon.....
Reply 8
Original post by BA2000

Thank you. You make me feel a lot better. I hope so.

Anyway, I have secured my place at CASS, but still hoping for Imperial
Reply 9
Original post by Xiaoo
Oh that sounds promising. I'm applying a master and everything was completed in the beginning of May. I know it's a bit late but the course I was applying was still open on that time....and still nothing from them yet:frown: Hope I can hear from them soon.....

I apply for a master too. Hope we hear good news soon.
Original post by SPP8
Thank you. You make me feel a lot better. I hope so.

Anyway, I have secured my place at CASS, but still hoping for Imperial

By next week they already will send the reply not even for you I am expecting that they will reply for all prospective students even for students who applied last two weeks altogether and the main reason is to avoid other unexpected problems with the huge uncertainly life we live in these days.

we every day face a new supervise unwanted repercussion from corona, for instance, the pandemic could lead to a large number of people who will be enduing from different mental and psychological disorders, usually when people are not able to talk to someone for a long period of time the get badly sick, also if people lost a lot of money, permeant jobs and have no hope for near good economical future they feel unwell when people lost someone before his or her time suddenly they also become emotionally highly sick especially if they have a strong relationship. Maybe I get out of the subject but I hope to send a message to the world to help such masses
(edited 3 years ago)
What course did you apply for ? Is it undergrad or postgrad ?
Original post by Anonymous

Myself, I did not apply to ICL and I am not planing at all to send an application request for personal and financial countermeasures "honestly speaking " my educational philosophy is finding a school with affordable tuition fees for international students in an inexpensive city providing good education "I do not concentrate on the brand". So I might go to Edinburgh or Ireland or Paris or Madrid in which I discovered well-quality schools master for business and management during intensive research.
Original post by BA2000
Myself, I did not apply to ICL and I am not planing at all to send an application request for personal and financial countermeasures "honestly speaking " my educational philosophy is finding a school with affordable tuition fees for international students in an inexpensive city providing good education "I do not concentrate on the brand". So I might go to Edinburgh or Ireland or Paris or Madrid in which I discovered well-quality schools master for business and management during intensive research.

Sorry I mean OP.
Reply 14

MSc Strategic Marketing :smile:
Sorry I mean OP.

I am even planning to do it next year could be January intake 2022 not now, Sorry for asking what does "OP" mean? I could not understand it as English is not my first language :h:
Original post by BA2000
Sorry for asking what does "OP" mean?

OP = Origional Poster, the person that started the thread.
Original post by Mr Wednesday
OP = Origional Poster, the person that started the thread.

thanks for the definition:smile:
Original post by SPP8
MSc Strategic Marketing :smile:

Hello, do you mind sharing the questions that were asked in interview? Any tips would be a huge help!
Hi did you then hear back from them after waiting for this long? Just wanted to know if you got accepted after waiting for more than 8 weeks? I am in the same space as you were back then. A reply would help !
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending