Jones74
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

To try and keep this brief; I will be commencing uni this September but for that to be possible, I'd need to be eligible for Student Finance. But unfortunately, I have already used 2 years of my funding. As such, I'm going to apply for compelling reasons to try and get additional discretionary funding.

I have a disability and as such, I have evidence to suggest I need a carer but during my time at university, I didn't have one. I do now though. I was wondering if an argument in that direction is valid? The reason I'm mostly worried is because I didn't do anything to try and get additional support whilst I was at university because to be frank, I wasn't really aware of it but the carer has to be someone I know anyway due to communication difficulties as I have autism. I had to leave due to a variety of issues with being independent and effectively, being a student.

I Just wanted any advice as to whether this would be satisfactory and the best kind of evidence to get as I'm struggling to obtain a letter from the GP due to being diagnosed as a child. I do have evidence of the support I require through my Personal Independence Payment Award.

Thanks!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jones74)
Hi,

To try and keep this brief; I will be commencing uni this September but for that to be possible, I'd need to be eligible for Student Finance. But unfortunately, I have already used 2 years of my funding. As such, I'm going to apply for compelling reasons to try and get additional discretionary funding.

I have a disability and as such, I have evidence to suggest I need a carer but during my time at university, I didn't have one. I do now though. I was wondering if an argument in that direction is valid? The reason I'm mostly worried is because I didn't do anything to try and get additional support whilst I was at university because to be frank, I wasn't really aware of it but the carer has to be someone I know anyway due to communication difficulties as I have autism. I had to leave due to a variety of issues with being independent and effectively, being a student.

I Just wanted any advice as to whether this would be satisfactory and the best kind of evidence to get as I'm struggling to obtain a letter from the GP due to being diagnosed as a child. I do have evidence of the support I require through my Personal Independence Payment Award.

Thanks!
Hi, we need professional evidence that specifically states how your studies were affected. A care worker would be an acceptable person - you can find out more about the evidence and how to apply by clicking this link https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/stu...peating-a-year
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (39)
8.19%
Confident (65)
13.66%
Indifferent (66)
13.87%
Unsure (118)
24.79%
Worried (188)
39.5%

Watched Threads