Maimoona Iqbal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Can I sit an Alevel exam privately?
If so where ? and when should I book it ?
I'm currently finishing my first year of college and starting my second in september time
Am i too late to book the A level exam?
Last edited by Maimoona Iqbal; 4 days ago
eleanaaah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Are you at college or homeschooled? If you’re at college, talk to your exams office and they can sort it out for you.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
If you want to take A levels as a private candidate then you need to find an exam centre (+any secondary school or college, plus some private places) willing to accept you as a private candidates and everything is arranged and paid for through them. A levels in England are only available in the Summer and the entry deadline is mid February at the exam board - centres will have an earlier deadline. It can atke time to find a centre (only about 1 in 50 accept private candidates) so start looking in the Autumn.
You current college is likely to be the cheapest and simplest place if they will let you.

What are you hoping to take?
Maimoona Iqbal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Compost)
If you want to take A levels as a private candidate then you need to find an exam centre (+any secondary school or college, plus some private places) willing to accept you as a private candidates and everything is arranged and paid for through them. A levels in England are only available in the Summer and the entry deadline is mid February at the exam board - centres will have an earlier deadline. It can atke time to find a centre (only about 1 in 50 accept private candidates) so start looking in the Autumn.
You current college is likely to be the cheapest and simplest place if they will let you.

What are you hoping to take?
Im not sure my college will however I'm going to ask them and I would like to take on A-level Biology
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Maimoona Iqbal)
I would like to take on A-level Biology
That's difficult for a private candidate if you hope to take it and get the practical endorsement. The practical endorsement requires you to complete 12 assessed practicals. The result is just Pass/Not classified and it doesn't affect your main A level grade but courses that require Biology at university generally also require a pass in the Practical. Taking these as a private candidate is both difficult to achieve and expensive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.05%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (67)
21.27%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (59)
18.73%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (67)
21.27%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
9.84%
I haven't started researching yet (31)
9.84%

Watched Threads