What to do if you find a spider in your bed

Watch
Anonymusy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Few things in life are more terrifying than waking up in the middle of the night to the feeling of something crawling on your body. It’s horrific.

The fear goes to a completely new level when you realize it’s a spider in your bed. Even though spider bites are on the rise this year, it’s fine, there’s no need to panic. Don’t freak out! Because we you freak out the spider freaks out!

To help you through this potentially scarring situation, here are 12 simple steps to follow when you find a spider in your bed.

Step 1 – Don’t panic
You’re going to want to start screaming and yelling while throwing your blankets as far away as possible. You must fight these urges. Keep calm and realize you’re in control of this situation.

Step 2 – Slowly get out of your bed
Obviously you don’t want to stay in the same bed as a spider, so slowly move your legs away from the demon creature and slide out of bed. Try not to disturb the spider so it doesn’t run. This is very important.

Step 3 – Step out of the room and quietly close your bedroom door
Again, you don’t want to provoke the spider in any way because who knows what it was planning. Seriously, how long has he been watching you? Are there other spiders with him? These are questions you can’t answer, but that doesn’t mean they won’t linger in your mind. You need to create some separation.

Step 4 – Get that suitcase you put behind the couch
You remember that emergency suitcase you packed in case a situation like this occurred? It’s time to put that plan in motion. Grab your suitcase and put it in your car. It should contain enough clothes for at least 10 days as well as any toiletries you need.

Step 5 – Collect any personal belongings that hold sentimental value to you.
If you have a family photo album or certain heirlooms that are irreplaceable, gather them together as quickly as possible. You can’t get everything, but take the things that mean the most. This might mean leaving pets or roommates behind. In a moment like this, relationships are going to be severed.

Step 6 – Soak your house in gasoline and set it on fire
I know this is the house your parents raised you in and left to you in their will, but will you ever really be happy in there again knowing that spiders think they have open access to your bed while you sleep? The only way to truly be purged is through fire. Burn that thing to the ground.

Step 7 – Cover the ashes in bug spray
There’s a good chance you killed the spider in the fire, but you can’t know for sure. You need to make sure the very fabric of this piece of earth is dead and barren for the remainder of time. Pour bug spray, weed killer, bleach, acid, and anything else you can find onto the ashes to make sure it is a desolate wasteland for eternity.

Step 8 – Wait for the authorities to arrive
More than likely someone saw a house burning down without knowing the context in which it was burned. It’s perfectly fine. When the police or fire department arrives, explain to them what happened in your bed. Not only will they not press charges against you, they’ll pull out their guns and start firing into the ground to help make sure the spider is dead. This is one time when excessive force is appropriate and welcomed.

Step 9 – Leave town
We’ve all seen Halloween and Friday the 13th enough to know that the monster never dies. Just when you think you’ve destroyed it, it finds a way to resurface and seek revenge. You need to leave town and cut ties with everyone you know. The spider knows who you love and knows who means the most to you. Don’t you think it’s going to hit you where it hurts? You need to vanish.

Step 10 – Burn off your fingerprints
I don’t know if spiders can track you by your fingerprints, but if Will Smith’s character on Men in Black found it to be a necessary step to vanish, then so should you.

Step 11 – Spend the rest of your life living in paranoia and fear
You’re alone now. You’re like Jason Bourne. If you develop a relationship it will only be ripped away from you and you’ll feel responsible for their demise. You’ll never truly feel safe again and no matter where you go, you’ll always be looking over your shoulder waiting for that spider to return and finish the job.

Step 12 – Call an exterminator
If all the other steps seem like a bit much or if you don’t want to lose your deposit by burning down the town you’re renting, you can alternatively call an exterminator to come in and spray your home every few months. Either way, you should be safe after following these steps. (https://brobible.com/guyism/article/...bite-reaction/)

😂
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Or just pick it up and give it a nose-boop
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
What I do is scream like a little girl, kind of like this:

*Ahem*...EEK! EEK! EEEEEEEEEK!
Laurence010401
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I’ve never been bitten by a spider, and it was only a few weeks ago That I discovered that British spiders are at all capable of biting people
Liluzihurt
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
If I wake up and there is a spider on my bed it’s game over.
Last edited by Liluzihurt; 3 days ago
Euphoria101
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
HUH? Spiders IN BRITAIN BITE? Say sike. Say sike rn.
Laurence010401
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Euphoria101)
HUH? Spiders IN BRITAIN BITE? Say sike. Say sike rn.
Yes I too was shocked to discover that.
Don’t worry, I’m 19, british, and have never been bitten by a british spider (or any spider)
Euphoria101
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Laurence010401)
Yes I too was shocked to discover that.
Don’t worry, I’m 19, british, and have never been bitten by a british spider (or any spider)
Omg I’m also 19 and British, twins😏

That’s absolutely horrifying. Didn’t even know spiders had teeth ffs. Is my dumbness showing
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
:five:
I had one in my bed about a month or so ago now! - it was terrifying :lol: :afraid: It was like a light tickle and it wasn't my duvet :nah:
I kinda did the opposite of steps 1,2 & 3 though but the rest are en pointe :yep:
Laurence010401
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Euphoria101)
Omg I’m also 19 and British, twins😏

That’s absolutely horrifying. Didn’t even know spiders had teeth ffs. Is my dumbness showing
At least they are much easier to catch than wasps. Wasps are much more of a danger, because they can fly and are much harder to catch, and if you fail then you get stung. I don’t even try, I run out the room and let someone else deal with it

Omg niceeee! Are you in your first year of university? Or second year? Or gap year? Or something else?
Euphoria101
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Laurence010401)
At least they are much easier to catch than wasps. Wasps are much more of a danger, because they can fly and are much harder to catch, and if you fail then you get stung. I don’t even try, I run out the room and let someone else deal with it

Omg niceeee! Are you in your first year of university? Or second year? Or gap year? Or something else?
I’ve never been stung and I’m slightly offended

Gap year wbu?
Last edited by Euphoria101; 2 days ago
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Raptor Jesus
Report 2 days ago
Name:  meme-gun-when-i-see-a-spider.png
Views: 5
Size:  144.6 KB
Anonymous #1
Report 2 days ago
Sounds cruel, but I would get a sheet of toilet paper and crush it to death, before flushing it down the toilet.
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Sounds cruel, but I would get a sheet of toilet paper and crush it to death, before flushing it down the toilet.
Is that why you're anon :rofl3:
Anonymous #1
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
Is that why you're anon :rofl3:
I knew that if I didn't click anon, people would post this on other threads, just to try and shame me.
Legomenon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Tuck it in and sleep on the floor.
FRS500
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Pee on it.

I prefer peeing on it.
Legomenon
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Liluzihurt)
If I wake up and there is a spider on my bed it’s game over.
Yeah same, if that happened to me everything would just go grey with the word 'wasted' written in mid-air.
Moonbow
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Anonymusy)
Few things in life are more terrifying than waking up in the middle of the night to the feeling of something crawling on your body. It’s horrific.

The fear goes to a completely new level when you realize it’s a spider in your bed. Even though spider bites are on the rise this year, it’s fine, there’s no need to panic. Don’t freak out! Because we you freak out the spider freaks out!

To help you through this potentially scarring situation, here are 12 simple steps to follow when you find a spider in your bed.

Step 1 – Don’t panic
You’re going to want to start screaming and yelling while throwing your blankets as far away as possible. You must fight these urges. Keep calm and realize you’re in control of this situation.

Step 2 – Slowly get out of your bed
Obviously you don’t want to stay in the same bed as a spider, so slowly move your legs away from the demon creature and slide out of bed. Try not to disturb the spider so it doesn’t run. This is very important.

Step 3 – Step out of the room and quietly close your bedroom door
Again, you don’t want to provoke the spider in any way because who knows what it was planning. Seriously, how long has he been watching you? Are there other spiders with him? These are questions you can’t answer, but that doesn’t mean they won’t linger in your mind. You need to create some separation.

Step 4 – Get that suitcase you put behind the couch
You remember that emergency suitcase you packed in case a situation like this occurred? It’s time to put that plan in motion. Grab your suitcase and put it in your car. It should contain enough clothes for at least 10 days as well as any toiletries you need.

Step 5 – Collect any personal belongings that hold sentimental value to you.
If you have a family photo album or certain heirlooms that are irreplaceable, gather them together as quickly as possible. You can’t get everything, but take the things that mean the most. This might mean leaving pets or roommates behind. In a moment like this, relationships are going to be severed.

Step 6 – Soak your house in gasoline and set it on fire
I know this is the house your parents raised you in and left to you in their will, but will you ever really be happy in there again knowing that spiders think they have open access to your bed while you sleep? The only way to truly be purged is through fire. Burn that thing to the ground.

Step 7 – Cover the ashes in bug spray
There’s a good chance you killed the spider in the fire, but you can’t know for sure. You need to make sure the very fabric of this piece of earth is dead and barren for the remainder of time. Pour bug spray, weed killer, bleach, acid, and anything else you can find onto the ashes to make sure it is a desolate wasteland for eternity.

Step 8 – Wait for the authorities to arrive
More than likely someone saw a house burning down without knowing the context in which it was burned. It’s perfectly fine. When the police or fire department arrives, explain to them what happened in your bed. Not only will they not press charges against you, they’ll pull out their guns and start firing into the ground to help make sure the spider is dead. This is one time when excessive force is appropriate and welcomed.

Step 9 – Leave town
We’ve all seen Halloween and Friday the 13th enough to know that the monster never dies. Just when you think you’ve destroyed it, it finds a way to resurface and seek revenge. You need to leave town and cut ties with everyone you know. The spider knows who you love and knows who means the most to you. Don’t you think it’s going to hit you where it hurts? You need to vanish.

Step 10 – Burn off your fingerprints
I don’t know if spiders can track you by your fingerprints, but if Will Smith’s character on Men in Black found it to be a necessary step to vanish, then so should you.

Step 11 – Spend the rest of your life living in paranoia and fear
You’re alone now. You’re like Jason Bourne. If you develop a relationship it will only be ripped away from you and you’ll feel responsible for their demise. You’ll never truly feel safe again and no matter where you go, you’ll always be looking over your shoulder waiting for that spider to return and finish the job.

Step 12 – Call an exterminator
If all the other steps seem like a bit much or if you don’t want to lose your deposit by burning down the town you’re renting, you can alternatively call an exterminator to come in and spray your home every few months. Either way, you should be safe after following these steps. (https://brobible.com/guyism/article/...bite-reaction/)

😂
Mate I caught a wasp in my hands in my sleep. That’s more terrifying 🤣
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (51)
19.39%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (58)
22.05%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (50)
19.01%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (55)
20.91%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.51%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
9.13%

Watched Threads