Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 18 hours ago
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question about the BASc (Arts & Sciences) - is it possible to change your major and/or minor pathway midway through the course?

I'm a prospective student.

It might be quicker to ask UCL themselves, but if someone here is a current or ex-BASc student, I figure you might also be able to help me out and potentially have more info than UCL about e.g. students you know who have switched.

Thanks
Chemistry_Queen
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 hours ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question about the BASc (Arts & Sciences) - is it possible to change your major and/or minor pathway midway through the course?

I'm a prospective student.

It might be quicker to ask UCL themselves, but if someone here is a current or ex-BASc student, I figure you might also be able to help me out and potentially have more info than UCL about e.g. students you know who have switched.

Thanks
I doubt it - you can probably change pretty easily within the first 3/4 weeks, but after that it would be very hard as you'd be so behind. I don't know for certain but I'd say midway through the course is probably a no unfortunately. Are you unsure about which to choose?
anchorheart
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 minute ago
Hey,
Ex-BAScer here. You might be able to switch around your major and minor depending on what modules you take in 2nd year + if you fulfil all the prerequisites to make sure you can take enough advanced modules. However, usually anyone who changes pathway does so in the first couple of weeks of 1st year.
It has been done before but it's not recommended and you need to have a very good reason for doing so / demonstrate that you are committed to it. It's also easier to switch between Cultures and Societies than to pivot completely from say Cultures to Sciences and Eng (unless as mentioned you just flip your major/minor around).
Hope that makes sense but happy to answer more questions if you have any!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (37)
20.67%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (45)
25.14%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (28)
15.64%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (39)
21.79%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (16)
8.94%
I haven't started researching yet (14)
7.82%

Watched Threads