The Student Room Group

Doctoral Loan for MPhilStud

I have an admission to the MPhilStud programme at King's College, London. In the second year of this programme, I am eligible to be admitted into a shorter PhD program at King's (2 years). My question is if I would still be eligible for the doctoral loan?

Alongside this, I have another question. If not for doctoral loan, would I be eligible for master's loan for MPhilStud programme? I already have a master's degree (an MA, but not MPhil).

Thanks in advance!
You should ask KCL this question. They should know which sources of uk funding their courses are eligible for
I believe the UK masters loans are only for taught masters, not research masters, and if you hold an equivalent or lower level qualification then you wouldn't be eligible for a masters loan anyway (which I think the ELQ rules would apply for the MPhilStud even if you can get masters loans for research masters...or it would be classified as doctoral study and ineligible anyway). As above your best bet is to probably contact the university and any funding providers directly (i.e. KCL and SFE).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending