Turn on thread page Beta

hi,
    I know you see a lot of these types of thread.. its just I got engaged at the age of 16 and fell madly in love with the girl.. we split up after 7 months for no real reason and still 3 years on I still want her back.. I love her loads still..

she had a real bad upbringing and ended up in foster care, I dont know if this has anything to do with it.. but I also had a real bad upbringing too.. and it didnt really affect my view on relationships until recently..

I really don't understand why I still love her.. she treated me really bad at the time and for ages afterwards..

ooh and please don't just tell me to move on because so many people have told me to do that.. it doesnt work, please give good advice..

me and her dont talk anymore but I miss her really badly near enough everyday still.. don't even understand why..

Im really afraid that if I go to uni with this still on my mind its going to badly affect my work.. I dont need that to happen..

please and tips or advice apart from the simple " just get over her " would be greatly appreciated..

thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.