The Student Room Group

DDD UCAS Predictions

Hi,

So I have been predicted DDD for Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

This is due to my own fault for not working hard during the entire year (2019-2020) Year for Year 12.

This is all due to my fault for being lazy and not working hard.

I would like to apply for an Engineering Undergraduate Cpurse but this cant possibly be so.

I also go to a Private School amd for me Time, Money and Energy and the effort paid to it plays a big part.

I have given up hope.

I dont know what to do.

Please help.
i’m assuming that you’re year 12, start going over and revising everything and focus on areas that you struggle with so that when you go into year 13 you can try and boost your grades. if you show a significant improvement at the start of the year then your predictions will rise, at the end of year 12 i was predicted BBU, but at the end of year 13 I’m predicted AAA-AAB so you can improve.
Reply 2
Original post by Anisha23456789
Hi,

So I have been predicted DDD for Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

This is due to my own fault for not working hard during the entire year (2019-2020) Year for Year 12.

This is all due to my fault for being lazy and not working hard.

I would like to apply for an Engineering Undergraduate Cpurse but this cant possibly be so.

I also go to a Private School amd for me Time, Money and Energy and the effort paid to it plays a big part.

I have given up hope.

I dont know what to do.

Please help.

You've posted this in the Cambridge forum, but based on previous posts you've created I don't believe you are aiming for Cambridge - is that correct?

If the school is basing those DDD predictions on the standard of your previous work then all you can realistically do is apply yourself very hard over the summer and when you return to school and try to get those predictions raised. Is there any opportunity for you to take internal assessments to demonstrate to your teachers that you are capable of working at a higher level?

In the worst case - i.e. if they won't predict you any higher, but you believe you can achieve better grades - then all you can do is work really, really hard and apply somewhere as a post A level candidate after you have your actual results next summer.
No , I dont possibly think so. The Head of Sixth Form said that our final predicted grades will be given to us in the first week of September. But surely, that is for candidates applying to Oxbridge , Medicine, Dentistry.

I am really confused because I assume there is not going to be any more internal assessments as my subject teachers will practically have finished writing my subject references for UCAS and finalised and put the predicted grades on my UCAS Application well before the 15 January Deadline.
Im literally so confused and perplexed with myself as I believe even if I apply to all 5 Engineering Undergraduate Uni for 2021 entry, I am going to get rejected by all of them due to my Predicted Grades currently.
Reply 5
Original post by Anisha23456789
No , I dont possibly think so. The Head of Sixth Form said that our final predicted grades will be given to us in the first week of September. But surely, that is for candidates applying to Oxbridge , Medicine, Dentistry.

I am really confused because I assume there is not going to be any more internal assessments as my subject teachers will practically have finished writing my subject references for UCAS and finalised and put the predicted grades on my UCAS Application well before the 15 January Deadline.

If your predicted grades are set in stone and are going to be as poor as you have suggested, then your only option is to work really hard over the coming year and apply as a post A level candidate - hopefully with some improved actual grades!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending