johntalks
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have applied through UCAS on 30th of June. From what I understand this is the 2nd phase of Applications (the first one being on January the 15th)

I wanted to ask how much time does it usually take for Universities to make a decision.

Also, what is the approximate % of places remaining for students who apply on the 2nd phase (i.e. 30th June)?

Will the Universities be more selective on this phase?

Thanking you in advance.
GentleSoul
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello

I applied on the 28th. I've had a few emails through asking me to clarify some things - because I didn't make them clear :/ I feel stupid!

Anyways, that's all been done yesterday and the lady dealing with it said they'd now go ahead and process it.

If there is space on the course, then I am sure you stand a good chance. Good luck, I am at the same stage as you. I am waiting to hear.
Last edited by GentleSoul; 1 month ago
johntalks
Rep:
?
Thanks for the prompt reply

I wish you the VERY best of luck. Will let you know how it goes
GentleSoul
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by johntalks)
Thanks for the prompt reply

I wish you the VERY best of luck. Will let you know how it goes
Great, you do <3

I did notice I didn't even answer your question! A quick google says it can be days so assuming you meet the requirements I am betting it will be quite quick. They have to respond before 13th July it says on my Track anyways but it feels like forever already
Kimbee2020
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm in the same position too.
Sent my application on 12th June and had emails asking for proof of grades to process my application, but heard nothing since the 17th June 😔
GentleSoul
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kimbee2020)
I'm in the same position too.
Sent my application on 12th June and had emails asking for proof of grades to process my application, but heard nothing since the 17th June 😔
Aww no, that's a good long time to be stressed about it! I am flapping and it's already only been a few days What course have you applied for Kimbee? Mine is nursing x
screweverything
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sent mine off on the 9th of June and haven't heard back yet.
GentleSoul
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wonder if they wait for clearing people to choose their course and see if the candidates are any better?! (I am speculating)
Kimbee2020
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GentleSoul)
Aww no, that's a good long time to be stressed about it! I am flapping and it's already only been a few days What course have you applied for Kimbee? Mine is nursing x
It's driving me mad now 🙈
I've applied for operating department practice. I was going to wait until next year to apply but decided to just go for it.
Fingers crossed we hear something soon
johntalks
Rep:
?
Update:
I have received an email from Warwick late this afternoon saying that my application has been received.
And have also received an email from Southampton requesting for grades approval.
johntalks
Rep:
?
The good thing is that by July the 13th you will have an outcome. less than 12 days remaining.
Kimbee2020
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The good thing is that by July the 13th you will have an outcome. less than 12 days remaining.
12 more days of constantly refreshing track 🙈
Hopefully they don't leave me hanging and I don't get an unofficial rejection
johntalks
Rep:
?
12 more days of constantly refreshing track 🙈
Hopefully they don't leave me hanging and I don't get an unofficial rejection
I am positive everything will be fine for you at the end wishing you the very best of luck with the outcomes.
Kimbee2020
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am positive everything will be fine for you at the end wishing you the very best of luck with the outcomes.
Thankyou 😊
Best of luck to you too
Kimbee2020
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Update : I have a conditional offer ❤️ based on me passing a successful interview in 2 weeks time
GentleSoul
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Update : I have a conditional offer ❤️ based on me passing a successful interview in 2 weeks time
Aww congratulations! <3 Exciting! You'll smash it!

I've got an interview too next week, though tracking hasn't updated and given me an offer. I think they interview and then offer?!

x
Kimbee2020
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Aww congratulations! <3 Exciting! You'll smash it!

I've got an interview too next week, though tracking hasn't updated and given me an offer. I think they interview and then offer?!

x
Thank you! I hope so! Glad you've got an interview too! You'll be fine 😊
My interview is after the ucas deadline of 13th so I queried it and they said the university will change it to a conditional offer x
GentleSoul
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you! I hope so! Glad you've got an interview too! You'll be fine 😊
My interview is after the ucas deadline of 13th so I queried it and they said the university will change it to a conditional offer x
Ahh good on you there! Yes mine is before the deadline but after clearing so fingers crossed <3 If it's meant to be though..lol.. x
Kimbee2020
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ahh good on you there! Yes mine is before the deadline but after clearing so fingers crossed <3 If it's meant to be though..lol.. x
We will be absolutely fine 💪
Good luck!! Keep us updated with how it goes xx
johntalks
Rep:
?
Many congratulations, wishing you great success I am sure you will be fine. 😊😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (165)
25%
Better than expected (133)
20.15%
Worse than expected (362)
54.85%

Watched Threads