The Student Room Group

Increasing chances of getting into university

Hello.
I'm 17 and want to get into such a great university as Cambridge. My grades can't be better as they are right now and my I'll probably pass all my exams with a maximum amount of points. Does it guarantee place in Cambridge? What else can i do ? I'm from Poland by the way.
You could do some super-curriculars linked to your course? Such as entering competitions, listening to podcasts, reading books etc. It would show that you're going beyond what is expected and gives you something to write about in your personal statement and talk about in the interview. They released a document giving super-curricular ideas for each subject. Whilst nothing guarantees a place, it definitely increases the likelihood. Whilst academics is the main priority (like grades) they really like to see passion for your subject.:smile:
Good grades are important but certainly not the only thing. Demonstrating that you have explored your subject beyond the school syllabus is important - and should be fun too if you're interested in it!

Have you registered for the Cambridge Online Open Days taking place tomorrow and Friday? If not, you really should!! https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/events/cambridge-open-days

Also check out what different colleges are doing - there are Q&A sessions on admissions where you can ask questions directly to admissions tutors. Check individual college websites for more info and to sign up (bear in mind some require advance booking). :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending