Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need advice on deciding where to go. At Kings i would end up doing Computer Science whereas Brunel - Economics. I am not so much into CS but already know alot of the stuff which i will be covering in modules within CS, I am more persuaded to go there because of the great reputation the uni has. As for Economics, i dont know much about it but it is more related to the industry i want to work in (Accountancy/Trading/Banking/ etc). Which would be the best option considering the fact that i want to end up working in finance?

ReputationRep:
    KCL.
    I don't think an eco degree from Brunel would help for something like finance/IB...

But what ever you prefer tbh.

ReputationRep:
    So what exactly would i be able to do with an Economics degree from Brunel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by menameis)
    So what exactly would i be able to do with an Economics degree from Brunel?
    Dude sadly i don't know much about economics so i can't answer that, but i've heard that to get into Investment banking/Finance you should aim for atleast 1 of the top uni's.

I'd still persuade you to go kings, based on reputation, unless you find brunel better for you.

Sorry i can't give you a thorough answer.

ReputationRep:
    hmm alright, anyone here know if an eco degree from brunel is a waste of time?

ReputationRep:
    In reality its a choice between a uni you don't want to go to or the course you don't want to do..

I know this sounds harsh.

ReputationRep:
    brunel..i would not study cs unless you are a good coder and good at maths. stay away from it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by menameis)
    hmm alright, anyone here know if an eco degree from brunel is a waste of time?
    It is. Go to KCL. You'll have a better chance in life if you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akmd)
    It is. Go to KCL. You'll have a better chance in life if you do.
    dont chat crap. he will never succeed in cs unless he is really good at coding.

ReputationRep:
    I know C++/VB and a bit of Java already so coding is not a problem. I really want to know is a Brunel degree a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    It is if you just end up with a 2.2 at the end of it LOL. But you can easily get a job at the big4 or work in financial institutions (forget goldman sachs, though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prospectivEEconomist)
    It is if you just end up with a 2.2 at the end of it LOL. But you can easily get a job at the big4 or work in financial institutions (forget goldman sachs, though)
    You talknig about cs @ KCL or Brunel Eco?

ReputationRep:
    brunel, but 2.2 from kcl won't get you far, either.

ReputationRep:
    dont chat crap. he will never succeed in cs unless he is really good at coding.
    what you mong?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, im sure a 2.2 from anywhere is pretty much useless.

ReputationRep:
    look at the jobs that previous econ students at brunel have got...if you are satisfied with that then just go there, work your arse off and I am sure you will land up with a good job

ReputationRep:
    A quick question: is Brunel better than Queen Mary? like which is more reputable?

also how easy is it to get an offer from Kings college if you get BCD/BDD for your AS levels?

ReputationRep:
    look at the jobs that previous econ students at brunel have got...if you are satisfied with that then just go there, work your arse off and I am sure you will land up with a good job
    Where can i find this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    A quick question: is Brunel better than Queen Mary? like which is more reputable?

also how easy is it to get an offer from Kings college if you get BCD/BDD for your AS levels?
    I'd say Brunel and Queen Mary are pretty much similar going by their entry requirements, but i heard Queen Mary's Mile End campus is a ****hole.

ReputationRep:
    their website...or unistats.co.uk

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.