The Student Room Group

BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Business

I'm currently studying BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Business which is equivalent to 1 A level.For my unit 1 coursework 4 assignment i received a merit.

My question is will i be able to achieve a distinction for my overall grade if i have a merit for coursework . Thanks.
Reply 1
I too am currently undertaking the same qualification! Honestly, I'm not entirely sure as to how the final grade is devised but I think you need to consistently get Distinctions on your coursework and exams in order to get a Distinction for the final grade. If you got a Merit on certain tasks followed by Distinction*s or something on another then it could balance out to be a Distinction overall. I'd ask your teacher if I were you.
Original post by Alex_JP
I too am currently undertaking the same qualification! Honestly, I'm not entirely sure as to how the final grade is devised but I think you need to consistently get Distinctions on your coursework and exams in order to get a Distinction for the final grade. If you got a Merit on certain tasks followed by Distinction*s or something on another then it could balance out to be a Distinction overall. I'd ask your teacher if I were you.

ok thank you
Original post by Chantelle225
I'm currently studying BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Business which is equivalent to 1 A level.For my unit 1 coursework 4 assignment i received a merit.

My question is will i be able to achieve a distinction for my overall grade if i have a merit for coursework . Thanks.

Hi @Chantelle225

By the sound of it is possible to achieve a Distinction depending what you get on your other units. I would advice you to get in contact with your tutor or check out this calculator here which would give you an average grade. :smile:
Original post by UniofGreenwich
Hi @Chantelle225

By the sound of it is possible to achieve a Distinction depending what you get on your other units. I would advice you to get in contact with your tutor or check out this calculator here which would give you an average grade. :smile:

Thank you very much
That calculator is now out of date. The current one can be downloaded from Pearson website. Complete all of the details for course and units and put in any grades you already have and play around to work out a predicted grade; https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/understanding-marks-and-grades/using-the-next-generation-btec-nqf-grade-calculator.html
Original post by bamtutor
That calculator is now out of date. The current one can be downloaded from Pearson website. Complete all of the details for course and units and put in any grades you already have and play around to work out a predicted grade; https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/understanding-marks-and-grades/using-the-next-generation-btec-nqf-grade-calculator.html

Thank you

Latest

Trending

Trending