Turn on thread page Beta

So the other my ex bf from last year texted me and was very pushy asking me out (I hadn't seen him since last july). Thing is last year he was very clingy; we met a few times just before he went away with his family on hols for about a month but he still insisted on keeping phone contact and acted as if we were a couple. anyway then he came back to our city and for two weeks he was supposedly volunteering somewhere for some elections and he kept cancelling on me. then one day i told him to come over that my parents were away and he just disappeared.

he has tried contacting me during the winter but i was very sarcastic towards him and kept rejecting him. so the other day i decided to give him a second chance. but what happened was that as we were on our way home in his car i got a text message and he required that i show it to him since he thought it was another guy. i was a bit hesitant but just showed him a random message from a girlfriend. he was so pissed the whole journey he didn't even hold my hand. anyway once we got to my house i started yelling at him telling him he has not right to ask to see my phone and he was such a liar in the past and that our relationship has no future since ill be off to uni again anyway. i said have a nice life and slammed the door and left.

was an idiot to do that? whos in the wrong? pls comment cuz ive been really pissed bout the whole scene.

ReputationRep:
    No, you were very right to do so - he had no right to be angry, nor to demand to look at your phone - you did the right thing

ReputationRep:
    You were in the right - it was your first meeting in ages, presumably you weren't even technically dating, and he demanded to see who your text was from. He sounds silly.

ReputationRep:
    He's a control freak. You're better off without him.

ReputationRep:
    you're not in the wrong at all. i can understand he was a bit concerned that about it being another guy, but as u proved him wrong as it was just your girlfriend i don't understand why he was still pissed about it. perhaps he wanted to cause an argument because some boys like that. but i highly doubt it. perhaps he just was in a bit of a bad mood and tried to pick on anything. either way, i wish u luck anyway im sure he's a good guy really

ReputationRep:
    You're in the right. A clingy boyfriend who is demanding is just a recipe for disaster. I think you handled it quite well.

ReputationRep:
    He is wrong. You did exactly what you should have.

ReputationRep:
    He's wrong, you did the right thing.

ReputationRep:
    I would never put up with a guy who demanded to see my phone, especially on a first date - it's ridiculous!

ReputationRep:
    jealous controlling guy = watch out...and get out. it will never get better. its those kinds of guys who get really scary and are the type that turn abusive. stay away stay away stay away.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.