Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    A wander up Cowley Rd on a sunny day is fun - as a female, it starts with ogling the dress in the Ball Gown, then nipping into the fancy dress shop to contemplate my next bop costume, then going into the various charity shops (either for bop costumes, or just clothes in general - picked up some gorgeous shoes in the Cowley Rd Oxfam, brand new...), getting all your shopping in Tesco, cheap stationary from the stationary shop, general cookery/bakery stuff from the general stores... It's cool up there
    Not to mention the City Arms, at the edge of civilization. And Classic Wines and Beers of course - when you're paying 30p for a bottle it doesn't matter that every fifth one has gone off.

Currently looking at a house for next year on Cowley Road itself - Liz likes that it's pink.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I take it Willo has convinced you not to live in Headington then?

ReputationRep:
    A wander up Cowley Rd on a sunny day is fun - as a female, it starts with ogling the dress in the Ball Gown, then nipping into the fancy dress shop to contemplate my next bop costume, then going into the various charity shops (either for bop costumes, or just clothes in general - picked up some gorgeous shoes in the Cowley Rd Oxfam, brand new...), getting all your shopping in Tesco, cheap stationary from the stationary shop, general cookery/bakery stuff from the general stores... It's cool up there
    But so far away from college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huw Davies)
    Not to mention the City Arms, at the edge of civilization. And Classic Wines and Beers of course - when you're paying 30p for a bottle it doesn't matter that every fifth one has gone off.

Currently looking at a house for next year on Cowley Road itself - Liz likes that it's pink.
    Btw, saw you sing at the St. Anne's recital/competition thing. Pretty cool stuff you sang.

ReputationRep:
    I take it Willo has convinced you not to live in Headington then?
    The other one we're consider is in Headington, not as big as the other house with quite limited dining area which could get a bit cramped. Main issue with the pink house is that the landlord's apparently an arse and the agency are useless, which after this year is something we'd like to avoid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolInvictus)
    But so far away from college
    what, twenty minutes?

ReputationRep:
    Btw, saw you sing at the St. Anne's recital/competition thing. Pretty cool stuff you sang.
    Thanks, wish I hadn't absolutely choked though - for some reason I always get nervous in the MOLT. Would have been better off not trying to memorise the words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by probably not)
    what, twenty minutes?
    I don't have a bike. I would probably run over children, or be run over by a bus if I tried using it in Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huw Davies)
    Thanks, wish I hadn't absolutely choked though - for some reason I always get nervous in the MOLT. Would have been better off not trying to memorise the words.
    Nah, you did fine. The MOLT isn't exactly the most comfortable place in terms of pro human design. It looks nice until you have to actually do something in it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a bike. I would probably run over children, or be run over by a bus if I tried using it in Oxford.
    umm, nor do i... getting to cowley takes twenty minutes from most colleges
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by probably not)
    umm, nor do i... getting to cowley takes twenty minutes from most colleges
    Yeah, but probably not from Annes, LMH, Hughs, I'd guess. It takes me 10-15 mins to walk to Hugh's from Wadham, and another 15 mins from Wadham to Cowley if I'm on foot.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.