Applying for undergraduate with a degree already

Watch
jasmine456
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I have an undergraduate degree with a 2:2. I want to apply for a degree in medicine to start in 2021 but all of the graduate entry courses I’ve looked at need a 2:1. Can I apply for a normal undergraduate in Medicine with the degree I have? My A Levels aren’t great and wouldn’t be enough to get me into the degree but was just wondering if I could with a 2:2 undergraduate degree?
asclepeion
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by jasmine456)
I have an undergraduate degree with a 2:2. I want to apply for a degree in medicine to start in 2021 but all of the graduate entry courses I’ve looked at need a 2:1. Can I apply for a normal undergraduate in Medicine with the degree I have? My A Levels aren’t great and wouldn’t be enough to get me into the degree but was just wondering if I could with a 2:2 undergraduate degree?
If you apply for undergraduate degree, you are competing against school leavers for majority of the unis so you will need to meet the course A-level requirements. Some universities will consider a lower requirement e.g. UCL A*AA standard is lowered to ABB for graduates applying for the undergraduate course, however, they will also stipulate a 2:1 minimum.

With a 2:2, you have some options but it is most likely you'll need to either do a masters (for grad med) or retake some A-levels (for undergrad med)

Grad med courses that accept a 2:2 are:
Nottingham 2:2 + GAMSAT
Swansea 2:2 + masters/PhD + GAMSAT
Warwick 2:2 + masters/PhD + UCAT

Check here: https://www.medschools.ac.uk/news/en...-entry-in-2021
Rla2020
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by jasmine456)
There are some undergrad medicine degrees that don’t consider a levels if you are a graduate but I think most of them ask for minimum of a 2.1 it’s worth checking out their entry requirements.
The ones I know of are Kent and Medway, Anglia Ruskin and UCLAN (but uclan only consider students in the north west)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (682)
33.76%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (860)
42.57%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (387)
19.16%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.5%

Watched Threads