The Student Room Group

Am I being unreasonable?

Is it unreasonable for me to be upset that my boyfriend is getting to know random girls online? (Thank you in advance for anyone taking the time to read and reply to this).

He had cheated on me a few months ago, by flirting with random girls online. After many discussions, I decided to stay and give him another chance.
I however, noticed a girl commenting on his photos a few times in the past few months. In the past, I had looked past things like this, to have then found out he was flirting with those same girls in his DMs.

I saw that she commented again today, so I asked him if he was speaking to her (he does not know her, and she lives in another country). He admitted to having spoken to her, and tells me that they did not flirt but that he has just replied to one of her Instagram stories and then asked about how lock-down was where she is from.

I can't help but feel betrayed again. As for one, I don't know if he is telling me the truth, or lying about flirting, like he has in the past with other girls.

It doesn't bother me when he speaks to any girl he knows of personally, whether it be through university or work or through another friend. This bothers me more because she is a random girl that lives in another country, who he has zero mutual friends with.

Am I being unreasonable? If I am not, does this behaviour only seem unacceptable because he has cheated in the past, or would it be reasonable for me to be upset even if he had not cheated?
I don't think you're being unreasonable. He's cheated on you in the past and you're just feeling scared that he's doing it again. If he hadn't cheated on you and you still feel unsure, then there's a lack of trust in your relationship. But I feel like you should talk things out instead of keeping it bottled up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending