The Student Room Group

Is it common to choose 5 LNAT universities as UCAS options?

I'm applying for 2021 entry and am slightly concerned as to the potential consequences of choosing 5 LNAT universities as my options - but am struggling to find alternate choices I'm interested in (any recommendations would be helpful); wondered if this was commonplace?

Currently leaning towards Oxford, Durham, UCL, Bristol and Nottingham.
Thanks
I would personally recommend at least having one or two non-LNAT unis as a safeguard in the event that your LNAT doesn’t go as expected.
Original post by C000034
I'm applying for 2021 entry and am slightly concerned as to the potential consequences of choosing 5 LNAT universities as my options - but am struggling to find alternate choices I'm interested in (any recommendations would be helpful); wondered if this was commonplace?

Currently leaning towards Oxford, Durham, UCL, Bristol and Nottingham.
Thanks

I would say it is fairly common but from observing the students on TSR with their law applications, I would advise anyone to have one non LNAT as a safety net, just in case the test doesn't go well on the day and you get rejections from having a low LNAT score despite having high A level predictions.

Some others advise people to aim high and use Extra or Clearing to pick up extra uni choices if it comes to it but I would personally prefer to apply to one non LNAT as there are lots of good options

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending