How do I break up with my other half?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi, I’ve been having problems with my other half lately, about how the other half is having many problems but not allowing me to help or take any advice. Very hard situation. It draining me.m, but I want to help. From all comments from a previous post on more detail about this ( as I made that post regarding advice after previously talking to my other half about how I’ve felt before posting anything on here).. there have been complications..

I would love to still be good friends with this person, although I know they may not want the same which I will respect and that if they do it will not happen overnight.. however I know whatever happens it’s going to hurt them with breaking up.

What is the most respectful and nice way to break up?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Ive been in this situation before and honestly, just sit down with them and tell them you cant do it anymore. I don't know if you'll be able to be friends depending on how deep your relationship is. And if it is deep it probably isn't worth trying because you'll both end up dragging out the hurt.
TigerRoll
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
We're going down different paths in life...thank you and goodbye.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Please break up in person. Talk to them.

Text messages, emails, changing relationship status on social media or even a phone call (unless in person is not an option because of Covid 19) are all awful ways, ones I would consider the coward's way out.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I want to do it in person, but still in lockdown so not sure what to do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.54%
I'm not sure (16)
3.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (153)
33.7%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.76%
I'm not a current university student (211)
46.48%

Watched Threads