Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I turned 18 on June 6th. I personally know people who make an earning dishonestly. I decided this isn't for me, I don't want to make other people's lives a misery. I want an honest living. I applied for jobs and got no replies or rejections. I signed up to uber eats and now I've been accepted in it. I went online in E1 in East London, and have not got a single job from 12.03 Pm to about 2.30pm. In 2.5 hours not even a single job. I don't have much money and I owe uber £39, which will be paid £13/week over 3 weeks. I can't even earn £1. Is uber eats supposed to be this quiet? I remember seeing a bike with just the rear wheel locked up. I could disconnect the rear wheel and take the whole bike. I know people in brick lane selling bike parts. I would spend £20 for a rear wheel and have a bike worth £300 on Gumtree. But I don't because I wouldn't like that to happen to me. But why is it so difficult to make an honest living? Will it be busier after July 4th when restaurants re open? I need help, and more importantly a proper job where I don't hurt others.
Anonymous #1
Anyone got a suggestion? My life is a shambles and I thought I'd fix it up with work. That doesn't seem to work. Money is a issue to me, I dream of buying a car but my insurance on a yaris 1.0 is £2000. Seems so unfair to be me. But I'm willing to work for a wage, I do have dreams of hopefully one day being a car dealer and being my own boss. I saw a micra for sale £600 when it's worth £1000 with some light body work (a dented boot). I can see opportunities but I'm just so frustrated I can't grab them.
Anonymous #1
I can work hard. I've been working under minimum wage before as a waiter but I didn't mind as long hours made it worthwhile. It was the only thing I found. But i just need a chance and no one seems to be giving me one
Anonymous #1
Anyone got advice? Would there be chances to be a waiter after July 4th?
Thecrazydoughnut
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ll order from you on Uber eats? Would that help?
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Tried UC?
Thecrazydoughnut
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SMEGGGY)
Tried UC?
Urban chocolatier?
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Thecrazydoughnut)
Urban chocolatier?
Universal Credit
Thecrazydoughnut
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SMEGGGY)
Universal Credit
I prefer Urban. Nice desserts, 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (80)
38.28%
Take autumn exams (71)
33.97%
Look for a job (6)
2.87%
Consider an apprenticeship (7)
3.35%
Take a year out (32)
15.31%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.22%

Watched Threads