The Student Room Group

Dukes Essay Prize 2020

Anyone did this? Anyone got an email already?
No there has not been an email yet but don't worry one is probably coming soon :smile:
Does anyone know when?
Haven’t got one either. They haven’t announced it on Twitter yet. Not sure what to think.
I haven't heard anything yet either. As the day is over, assuming I haven't got anything and the people at Dukes just haven't reached out to tell anyone who failed to get a prize. Not sure why they haven't announced online but I dont really know hwat to think to be honest...
Original post by Reth
Anyone did this? Anyone got an email already?

Nope :frown:
The only other thing I was thinking is possibly they have had to furlough people bc of Covid-19, and so nobody has been legally allowed to contact us? It suggests why Dukes haven’t tweeted since March when we went into lockdown. However idk and either way it is annoying!
Nope, it’s so strange
We could wait a few days and see what is happening and whether it is announced but after that we could email them and ask?
I emailed them and they said that the winners have been contacted today and the website will be updated tomorrow or today.
Reply 10
Original post by sanghya53
I emailed them and they said that the winners have been contacted today and the website will be updated tomorrow or today.

Did that as well. So I guess we didn't win...
(*The website will be updated with the shortlisted winners - so more than three)
Original post by Reth
Did that as well. So I guess we didn't win...
(*The website will be updated with the shortlisted winners - so more than three)

have the shortlisted winners been emailed as well? Or will they find out using the website
Reply 12
Original post by pippin110
have the shortlisted winners been emailed as well? Or will they find out using the website

The guy didn't say but I'm pretty sure they have. Otherwise why would they just publish it on the website without emailing.
Reply 13
Yup they've published it on the website. They've also emailed about half hour ago, but it went to my promotions.

Quick Reply

Latest