The Student Room Group

Changes to Driving Tests (COVID-19)

Afternoon all,

As we start to creep out our front doors like it's the end of a zombie apocalypse, the great and the good at the DVSA have goodies for us:

More information about driving tests!! :h::h::h:

My instructor sent me the link to the info on the GOV.UK website today but I'm going to summarise below for both practical and theory tests.

Links to the relevant pages are at the bottom of the post.

Please note that these changes are applicable to tests carried out in England ONLY. Other regulations/ policies may apply in Wales; Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Conduct of Practical Tests:

Spoiler

Theory Tests:

Spoiler

Further guidance on the above measures can be found on the GOV.UK website using the links below:

Practical

Theory
Reply 1
Thanks this was very useful
Reply 2
Original post by OMO13
Thanks this was very useful

No worries! Anytime :h:
i want to book my theory test but on the gov.uk website it says that 'the exam is not available at this test centre' on every theory test center i select. should i call the test center instead?
Reply 4
Original post by Catlady5656
i want to book my theory test but on the gov.uk website it says that 'the exam is not available at this test centre' on every theory test center i select. should i call the test center instead?

No you should contact DVSA
Reply 5

I had this issue too if you click forward the months further there becomes tests available. For me I had to book start of October for my closest center.
Reply 6

Theory test center wouldn't be able to help you. It's a DVSA issue.

Tests are getting booked up really quickly atm so you might struggle to find one soon.

My best advice is book *something* and keep checking back daily to see if something else crops up then change your booking. The last thing you want is to see something for September; don't book it anyway and end up coming back to a bunch of dates in January!
Reply 7
So for the theory test: "you should wear a face covering when you come for your test if you can" are you sure I don't have to wear one?
Reply 8
You should wear one.
Original post by LouyLou
I had this issue too if you click forward the months further there becomes tests available. For me I had to book start of October for my closest center.

Original post by FRS500
Theory test center wouldn't be able to help you. It's a DVSA issue.

Tests are getting booked up really quickly atm so you might struggle to find one soon.

My best advice is book *something* and keep checking back daily to see if something else crops up then change your booking. The last thing you want is to see something for September; don't book it anyway and end up coming back to a bunch of dates in January!

thank you, my nearest test centre is all booked but I found one 30 minutes away and booked one for september, I will definitely keep checking to see if theres any places before then. thanks again for the help!
Reply 10
thank you, my nearest test centre is all booked but I found one 30 minutes away and booked one for september, I will definitely keep checking to see if theres any places before then. thanks again for the help!

No worries! I appreciate it can be really annoying but keep checking, I dunno if it's possible to ring DVSA and get it sorted that way too but you can only try.

Quick Reply

Latest