Changes to Driving Tests (COVID-19)

Watch this thread
FRS500
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Afternoon all,

As we start to creep out our front doors like it's the end of a zombie apocalypse, the great and the good at the DVSA have goodies for us:

More information about driving tests!!

My instructor sent me the link to the info on the GOV.UK website today but I'm going to summarise below for both practical and theory tests.

Links to the relevant pages are at the bottom of the post.

Please note that these changes are applicable to tests carried out in England ONLY. Other regulations/ policies may apply in Wales; Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Conduct of Practical Tests:

Spoiler:
Show

- Motorcycle tests (Cat A) to commence Monday 13th July 2020;

- Car tests (Cat B) to commence Wednesday 22nd July 2020;

- You MUST wear a face covering to your test otherwise it will be canceled;

- Your Examiner will be wearing a face covering and may also choose to use gloves or a disposable seat cover;

- You will NOT be able to have an accompanying driver or instructor sit at the back of the car;

- Should you make a serious or dangerous fault, you will be directed back to the Driving Test Centre (DTC). This is to reduce the amount of time spent in the car;

- When receiving test feedback/results you will be asked to leave the car.

Theory Tests:
Spoiler:
Show

- Theory tests will commence from Saturday 4th July 2020;

- 2m social distancing will be in place at all testing venues;

- Staff will be wearing face masks but it is NOT obligatory for you to do so;

- Workstations and headsets will be cleaned between tests;

- Hand sanitizer provided before; during and after your test;

- You CANNOT be accompanied by someone else to the testing venue. This is to maintain social distancing.

Further guidance on the above measures can be found on the GOV.UK website using the links below:

Practical

Theory
Ee13
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Thanks this was very useful
FRS500
Rep:
(Original post by OMO13)
Thanks this was very useful
No worries! Anytime
Catlady5656
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
i want to book my theory test but on the gov.uk website it says that 'the exam is not available at this test centre' on every theory test center i select. should i call the test center instead?
solomove
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Catlady5656)
i want to book my theory test but on the gov.uk website it says that 'the exam is not available at this test centre' on every theory test center i select. should i call the test center instead?
No you should contact DVSA
LouyLou
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I had this issue too if you click forward the months further there becomes tests available. For me I had to book start of October for my closest center.
FRS500
Rep:
Theory test center wouldn't be able to help you. It's a DVSA issue.

Tests are getting booked up really quickly atm so you might struggle to find one soon.

My best advice is book *something* and keep checking back daily to see if something else crops up then change your booking. The last thing you want is to see something for September; don't book it anyway and end up coming back to a bunch of dates in January!
sTneduTs
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
So for the theory test: "you should wear a face covering when you come for your test if you can" are you sure I don't have to wear one?
TheDE
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You should wear one.
Catlady5656
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LouyLou)
I had this issue too if you click forward the months further there becomes tests available. For me I had to book start of October for my closest center.
(Original post by FRS500)
Theory test center wouldn't be able to help you. It's a DVSA issue.

Tests are getting booked up really quickly atm so you might struggle to find one soon.

My best advice is book *something* and keep checking back daily to see if something else crops up then change your booking. The last thing you want is to see something for September; don't book it anyway and end up coming back to a bunch of dates in January!
thank you, my nearest test centre is all booked but I found one 30 minutes away and booked one for september, I will definitely keep checking to see if theres any places before then. thanks again for the help!
FRS500
Rep:
thank you, my nearest test centre is all booked but I found one 30 minutes away and booked one for september, I will definitely keep checking to see if theres any places before then. thanks again for the help!
No worries! I appreciate it can be really annoying but keep checking, I dunno if it's possible to ring DVSA and get it sorted that way too but you can only try.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.71%
The paper was reasonable (68)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.88%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.41%

Watched Threads