The Student Room Group

Deleting tiktok

So I started a TikTok and my husband hates it. I only do what’s in the trend and make tiktoks on a public account. He doesn’t like the whole public thing. I mean He doesn’t know much about TikTok and trust me I’ve explained it to him. I have no idea what would be the best thing to do. Delete it? I’m not sure I love him a lot he’s not anyway forcing me to delete he just has his own opinion because he doesn’t like it. Please help
Original post by Selflovez
So I started a TikTok and my husband hates it. I only do what’s in the trend and make tiktoks on a public account. He doesn’t like the whole public thing. I mean He doesn’t know much about TikTok and trust me I’ve explained it to him. I have no idea what would be the best thing to do. Delete it? I’m not sure I love him a lot he’s not anyway forcing me to delete he just has his own opinion because he doesn’t like it. Please help

You don't have to delete it because he dislikes it. If it makes you happy and you aren't hurting anyone then keep doing it, but only if it isn't going to cause arguments. Has he explained specifically why he dislikes it? What do you mean by he doesn't like "the whole public thing"? Has he explained that in more detail to you?

Surely you've had times in your marriage/relationship where one of you likes something and the other doesn't. How have you resolved those in the past, and could you apply those solutions to this situation?
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
You don't have to delete it because he dislikes it. If it makes you happy and you aren't hurting anyone then keep doing it, but only if it isn't going to cause arguments. Has he explained specifically why he dislikes it? What do you mean by he doesn't like "the whole public thing"? Has he explained that in more detail to you?

Surely you've had times in your marriage/relationship where one of you likes something and the other doesn't. How have you resolved those in the past, and could you apply those solutions to this situation?

He dislikes it because it’s on public and other men can see it but I’m not doing anything on it which allows that. He says if it makes me happy then why do it on public
Keep it if you want, it isn't up to your husband what you do.
Original post by Selflovez
He dislikes it because it’s on public and other men can see it but I’m not doing anything on it which allows that. He says if it makes me happy then why do it on public

Why does he have a problem with other men seeing these videos? Are you doing anything inappropriate in them? If not, then it's no different to you walking down the street past other men because they will see you there. I don't quite understand why he dislikes it to be honest. Other men see you all the time when you go to work (making assumptions here obviously) or when you do the food shopping or when you use public transport.
Reply 5
Original post by DrawTheLine
Why does he have a problem with other men seeing these videos? Are you doing anything inappropriate in them? If not, then it's no different to you walking down the street past other men because they will see you there. I don't quite understand why he dislikes it to be honest. Other men see you all the time when you go to work (making assumptions here obviously) or when you do the food shopping or when you use public transport.

That’s exactly what I said but he still doesn’t understand and doesn’t like the fact I’m making normal videos I’m not doing anything inappropriate either. He goes random people are looking and I’m doing it for attention when I’m not I enjoy it

Quick Reply

Latest