Most beautiful universities

Watch
Lightning720
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How would you rank the top 15 universities (from https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...ables/rankings ) in terms of how beautiful the city/town/campus is?

Here is the top 15:

1. University of Cambridge
2. University of Oxford
3. University of St Andrews
4. LSE
5. Imperial College London
6. Loughborough University
7. Durham University
8. Lancaster University
9. University of Bath
10. UCL
11. University of Warwick
12. University of Exeter
13. University of Birmingham
14. University of Bristol
15. University of Edinburgh

Obviously, this is just for fun and can just be based on images online if you haven't actually been to the universities.

Here is my ranking:

1. St Andrews
2. Cambridge
3. Oxford
4. Edinburgh
5. Bath
6. Durham
7. Exeter
8. Bristol
9. Lancaster
10. UCL
11. LSE
12. Imperial College London
13. Birmingham
14. Warwick
15. Loughborough
bored_user:)
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I agree with your list more tbh lol
Lightning720
Rep:
?
(Original post by bored_user:))
I agree with your list more tbh lol
Glad to hear it
aliaa03
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
surrey!??
Lightning720
Rep:
?
(Original post by aliaa03)
surrey!??
Surrey isn't in the top 15 on the league table above so I didn't include it.
Lightning720
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lightning720)
Surrey isn't in the top 15 on the league table above so I didn't include it.
Although looking at it now, it is quite nice (but still not to do with the question asked )
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would, without hesitation, put Imperial at the bottom in the beauty ranking.
Even though I only went to Birmingham once for the open day, I have more photographs of its campus than of Imperial's despite actually going to Imperial. I've always wondered what it would look like if they hadn't demolished the Imperial Institute and most of the Royal College of Science.
Lightning720
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Even though I only went to Birmingham once for the open day, I have more photographs of its campus than of Imperial's despite actually going to Imperial. I've always wondered what it would look like if they hadn't demolished the Imperial Institute and most of the Royal College of Science.
I don't know why but I quite liked some of Imperial's buildings. I also think the rest of Birmingham put me off the uni's campus. The campus was decent but I really don't like the city centre.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Don’t forget just abandoning the Wye campus which was pretty lovely too.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...Final.pdf.html

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...th%20Final.pdf
Last edited by PQ; 1 month ago
justjas33
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I agree with your list more than the other one tbh!
Although I’d swap Exeter and out and put it where Durham is, move Birmingham where Imperial is (because I live in bham and I love it😅) and bunk Imperial to the bottom🤷🏾*♀️
Lightning720
Rep:
?
(Original post by justjas33)
I agree with your list more than the other one tbh!
Although I’d swap Exeter and out and put it where Durham is, move Birmingham where Imperial is (because I live in bham and I love it😅) and bunk Imperial to the bottom🤷🏾*♀️
I haven't actually been to Exeter so had to try to get a sense of it from images and Google Maps. It did look a nice place but I really like Durham and I've actually been there

I'm really not the greatest fan of Birmingham (sorry ) so that's why Imperial had to be above it.
justjas33
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven't actually been to Exeter so had to try to get a sense of it from images and Google Maps. It did look a nice place but I really like Durham and I've actually been there

I'm really not the greatest fan of Birmingham (sorry ) so that's why Imperial had to be above it.
I’m the opposite! I’ve been to Exeter but not Durham😅
Awwh fair enough, a lot of people aren’t a fan of Birmingham! (i definitely get why ahaha)
Becca216
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Whether you like Birmingham or not....you have to be honest that the campus is beautiful...

I know its not ranked in the top 15, which is why it hasn't been included but I would rank Nottingham quite highly based off it's campus
Other_Owl
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Majority of them Russell Groups. Shows how well funded they are.
Free81
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Birmingham as a city is mostly a **** hole. Warwick on the other hand, is a lovely part of the country to live in.
Lightning720
Rep:
?
(Original post by Free81)
Birmingham as a city is mostly a **** hole. Warwick on the other hand, is a lovely part of the country to live in.
I'd judge Warwick uni a lot better if it was actually in Warwick. I don't really like the surrounding area and the campus just seems very average.
Free81
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd judge Warwick uni a lot better if it was actually in Warwick. I don't really like the surrounding area and the campus just seems very average.
Yes that's true. The immediate area isn't quite in Warwick city, and is pretty bleak in itself
justjas33
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Free81)
Dude it’s not THAT bad here hahaha.
I’ve been to Warwick uni many times and although the uni is really nice a lot of ppl actually dislike the area. Plus it’s not even in Warwick!
Last edited by justjas33; 1 month ago
jonathanemptage
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How is reading not there it's a beautiful campus the town not so much but the campus is lovley.
Lightning720
Rep:
?
(Original post by jonathanemptage)
How is reading not there it's a beautiful campus the town not so much but the campus is lovley.
Because it's not in the top 15 ranking unis according to the league table ranked above.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (211)
60.11%
No they should not (102)
29.06%
Abstain (38)
10.83%

Watched Threads