Ahmed2004
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Well... I do 6 subjects at school, including English and maths, and 5 of which are at a higher level (Computing, French, Modern Studies). The sixth one is Nat 5 Chemistry. I started school in October 2019 as I arrived in Scotland the month prior. Now I feel overwhelmed since I have to catch up what I've missed, and need to study what we have done online. I think dropping a subject (Modern studies) may help because it's quite complex and my class has done 6 units when I was not in Scotland. So will it be helpful to drop it or I just need to continue studying? I feel I am under so much pressure, lost and even haunted by overthinking of what will happen. Thank you in advance!
Last edited by Ahmed2004; 1 month ago
josie71202
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
drop it if you feel it'll help. Maybe schedule when to do stuff
aamy12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey! I'm studying Higher Modern Studies too, and at higher you also build up on national 5 work. If you're overwhelmed and you do feel as though your struggling then it probably is the best subject to drop, but you could maybe speak to your teacher or year head/guidance teacher and see if there's any way that they could support you further? Good luck!
Ahmed2004
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by josie71202)
drop it if you feel it'll help. Maybe schedule when to do stuff
I'm working on a timetable. Thank you! <3
josie71202
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ahmed2004)
I'm working on a timetable. Thank you! <3
brilliant it'll really help
Ahmed2004
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by aamy12)
Hey! I'm studying Higher Modern Studies too, and at higher you also build up on national 5 work. If you're overwhelmed and you do feel as though your struggling then it probably is the best subject to drop, but you could maybe speak to your teacher or year head/guidance teacher and see if there's any way that they could support you further? Good luck!
I talked to her many times. She eventually gave me the Democracy in the UK book (The one with a brown cover) to study from, but I feel it's a bit too wordy and full of extra info. I think I'm gonna skip some bits here and there. What do you think? Plus, thank you, Amy! (I hope this is your name)
aamy12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ahmed2004)
I talked to her many times. She eventually gave me the Democracy in the UK book (The one with a brown cover) to study from, but I feel it's a bit too wordy and full of extra info. I think I'm gonna skip some bits here and there. What do you think? Plus, thank you, Amy! (I hope this is your name)
Hey! Yeah, I'm Amy! BBC Bitesize is also really good for just getting the main ideas at National 5 level - I found that helped a lot, also Leckie & Leckie study guides are really helpful (you can get them cheap on Amazon or sometimes they are free on the Kindle App if you just keep checking Amazon). The main part that you need to know is the knowledge because you have to provide very up-to-date examples when you're writing paragraphs which are easy to find if you just google it or just read some news articles every few days or so. It is difficult but I'm sure that you'll find something that works for you, whether it's dropping it or not. Good luck
Quick-use
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just do 4 Highers and drop Mods. I made this thread for languages, so it might help you with French: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=2320896
thepunmaster.e
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 minutes ago
If you want to go to university, you only need 4 highers, most périple just do 5 in case something goes wrong with one of them (unless you want to do medicine). I would suggest dropping Modern Studies and focusing on the 4 highers. Is there a reason for doing Nat 5 chemistry this year, or could you do it in S6? Another option is to push Nat 5 Chemistry back a year and keep doing 5 highers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (73)
40.56%
Take autumn exams (60)
33.33%
Look for a job (5)
2.78%
Consider an apprenticeship (6)
3.33%
Take a year out (25)
13.89%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
6.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed