Tkt12345
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
i dont think my class will be able to finish the course in time, as we still have year 12 work to do in year 13. For the nea, can someone explain what it is? Because i was under the impression that you just wrote about a trip you go on, but it turns out you create your own question and research it?
i can't find alot of info about it but if theres anything during summer i can
do to reduce my workload next year can you please let me know.
If anyone has done the nea what is it like, how long does it take, and what did you write about? for reference im doing alevel geography edexcel
Nautilus
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Your teacher should be able to provide you with a little more guidance, but, yes, it is essentially a research project. A couple of my friends did geography A level and based their (human geography) NEA on changes in the local market town. The research part involved doing surveys on the local traders, then using the results to write a conclusion. I think it needs to be at least 4,000 words. Their year was the first year of the new spec geography A level, and even the teachers didn't know what to expect.
Tkt12345
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Nautilus)
Your teacher should be able to provide you with a little more guidance, but, yes, it is essentially a research project. A couple of my friends did geography A level and based their (human geography) NEA on changes in the local market town. The research part involved doing surveys on the local traders, then using the results to write a conclusion. I think it needs to be at least 4,000 words. Their year was the first year of the new spec geography A level, and even the teachers didn't know what to expect.
okay thank you! she will probably talk about it in yr13, but i know ill have loads of work to do then and uni stuff so i wish i was told about it earlier.
Nautilus
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
55.75%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.25%

Watched Threads