Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
murderers, rapists should all get death penalty
LordFahid
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I agree with that but there are people who are falsely accused so we don't want to risk putting innocent people to death
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LordFahid)
I agree with that but there are people who are falsely accused so we don't want to risk putting innocent people to death
but the majority of the accused are guilty
LordFahid
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes but some are still innocent, you don't want to risk killing innocent people right?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I fully agree with that. However too often people are falsely accused and given the death penalty in countries such as America. And that's the problem.
A terrorist who was captured on CCTV shooting/stabbing. Yes! Easily can be given the death penalty. Everyone knew he was, he has no defense.
But a young girls uncle, at a family party, with no evidence? It's tough to know for definite what happened, and if he was innocent, and the girl was just seeking attention? Then that is an innocent guy killed.
It's a tough call.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LordFahid)
Yes but some are still innocent, you don't want to risk killing innocent people right?
at least others will be deterred
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
In a perfect justice system with 0% wrongful convictions, I'd fully support it. Why waste taxpayer money clothing/feeding/housing child rapists and murderers etc.

However I think it's better to let a guilty person go free/incarcerated, than to let an innocent person get executed. The advantage of incarceration is that it gives practically unlimited time for appeals/new evidence to come forward and exonerate someone, whereas you can't undo a wrongful execution.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't believe in the death penalty because of the possibility of killing innocent people. I also think some people on juries would find people not guilty because they would not want to send a person to their death, so murderers would get away on occasions.
Anonymous #1
You might as well add to the list racists, homophobics, heterophobics, paedophiles, ect, ect...
pedophiles count as rapists
lilguy100
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So you are saying that murderers (people who kill other people) should receive the death penalty, whilst also saying that its okay to give the death penalty to innocent people since "most are guilty". by your own logic, you should receive the death penalty, as directly inciting someones death is murder.

Also, saying "most" accused rapists are guilty, isn't a very accurate statement, simply because there is very rarely definitive proof, so we really do not know any accurate statistics on false or true convictions
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I agree that criminals who repeatedly commit these crimes or commit a horrific one should face a death penalty.
LiberOfLondon is quite knowledgable upon the subject
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
pedophiles count as rapists
In a way, but paedophiles only force little children into sex.
TheStarboy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So you'll wrongfully execute innocent people in order to deter others?
Hannah0505
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
so basically all politicians
username4222532
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
l agree but the problem is if the rapist knew they were going to be put to death he/she yes l said she as well would kill the girl/woman / as they would have nothing to loss if they knew they would be put to death and its the very same with child abusers and murders through there QC/ Lawyer would plead under the mental health act and they would be sent to a mental health hospital not to a prison l would like them all put to death but we need to think everything through first it is a very big problem for society and things are getting far worse with the advent of social media
username4222532
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Very true and we have DNA
ClaudiaVan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think that the death penalty shouldn’t be put into place.
People should be made to endure life imprisonment for horrendous crimes.
Hannah0505
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most politicians committed these crimes
ClaudiaVan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Killing for killings sake is not an answer in my opinion.
Life imprisonment is what I would suggest.
But it’s a horrible and daunting question that I feel glad I don’t have to make a decision on in real life!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ClaudiaVan)
I think that the death penalty shouldn’t be put into place.
People should be made to endure life imprisonment for horrendous crimes.
how is that working out? look at the state of the country, horrendous crimes daily. The system needs reform and hopefully the PM will have the logic to introduce the death penalty
(Original post by laughinglad999)
l agree but the problem is if the rapist knew they were going to be put to death he/she yes l said she as well would kill the girl/woman / as they would have nothing to loss if they knew they would be put to death and its the very same with child abusers and murders through there QC/ Lawyer would plead under the mental health act and they would be sent to a mental health hospital not to a prison l would like them all put to death but we need to think everything through first it is a very big problem for society and things are getting far worse with the advent of social media
But the people will be deterred
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (165)
25.04%
Better than expected (132)
20.03%
Worse than expected (362)
54.93%

Watched Threads