Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm currently teaching myself Irish and was wondering if any of the UK exam boards, or at least any exam boards offering A-Levels, have a qualification in Irish? I've been looking but I can't find anything.

    People in Northern Ireland might be able to shed some light on this - presumably you are offered Irish as an A-Level option?

    If not, are there any equivalent qualifications available over here in England?

    Couple of minutes of googling came up with


    Alternatively, you could look into taking the Irish Leaving Certificate Irish exam as an external candidate, but it's a horribly designed ordeal of a course that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 25, 2008

University open days

  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.