Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    'Public nudity = illegal.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nnnnl)
    does that mean that none of the buldings have windows in china?

:getmecoat:
    No they have windows but have pictures over them

"Please do not breathe in the vacuum room."

Like you are gonna be there in the first place, and there is no air in a vacuum, and also, who would someone want to stick their head in an airless room.

Sign found in a botantical garden. Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synagogue)
    One billion heads of dandruff. You can see why.
    Yeah, but surely they will just push the problem underground? And little head scratching syndicates will emerge all over china, the triads running scratching rings :ninja: I know tooo much.

*Is struck by an arrow*
    • PS Helper

PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trefusis128)
    Yeah, but surely they will just push the problem underground? And little head scratching syndicates will emerge all over china, the triads running scratching rings :ninja: I know tooo much.

*Is struck by an arrow*
    You could employ midgets to scratch your head for you and catch the confetti-like rain as it fell majestically to the ground.

ReputationRep:
    Plenty of reasons for that, really, if you engage your brain. It's a student site and so accessed regularly from schools and colleges nationwide. If they allowed swearing then the filters at said establishments would prevent access to the forum. That would mean that they didn't get so much traffic and also that you wouldn't be able to access everyone's favourite internet forum. I think it's a worthwhile sacrifice really.
    My school blocked TSR anyway. I think they found the sex threads in H&R more offensive than swearing. What do you say now hm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EpsilonZero)
    Reminds me of: http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2251280.ece

The world's strangest laws
    Did you know it's illegal in France to name a pig Napoleon? Or that in Ohio you're not allowed to get a fish drunk? Alex Wade celebrates the spirit of the silly season with a list of the world's most ridiculous laws
    24. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
    I can explain that rule - if someone DOES die in the Houses of Parliament, the law states that they must have a state funeral.

I would SO get someone to wheel me in there just before I was about to die :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    Obvious fake.

ReputationRep:
    "No parking your car in the pool"
    At a villia we were staying at a few years back. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .pushing.charlotte.)
    hahahaah, thats a ridiculous law.
    my ex is a criminal :ninja:
    where have you been all of my life? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prudentstudent)
    I can explain that rule - if someone DOES die in the Houses of Parliament, the law states that they must have a state funeral.

I would SO get someone to wheel me in there just before I was about to die :p:
    Yeah xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irtiza)
    I lol'ed ;P.

Ahh, in Indonesia, if you, uhhm, are caught, uhhm "pulling" your, well, genitals. You will be decapitated.
    Which head?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Draconis)
    Which head?
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Can't take jumpers off in school.

ReputationRep:
    it's not a law but taking from the signs, at the family planning clinic in my towns hospital the sign says
    family planing advice
    use rear entrance

ReputationRep:
    'The head boy may keep a goat on the chapel lawn'. That was one at my old Boarding school.. we were so tempted to track down a goat for the end of sixth form, tie him up on the chapel lawn with a sign round his neck saying 'I belong to the head boy'!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    My school blocked TSR anyway. I think they found the sex threads in H&R more offensive than swearing. What do you say now hm?
    Crap school.

ReputationRep:
    Crap school.
    Right. Letting year 7s read about which vibrator to buy is a sound idea :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    The swear filter on TSR....
    :ditto:

I also got warned for "replying to a post with a single smiley"

:confused:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.