The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Democracy
No, but it's a little early for an 11 year old girl to be concerned with which vibrator to get.

Depends on the 11 year old girl surely :s-smilie:?

I mean - for almost all of them no; but there were girls at my school who were sexually active by the time I met them in year seven. I'm not saying it's a good thing but telling them to stop at that point is a tad of a waste of time (isn't it?).
History Lost in Physics
In Florida it is illegal to tie a live alligator to a fire hydrant.

Oh dear ... that tally of offences just keeps rising :sadnod:

But seriously, who would do even want to go near a live alligator, let alone try to tie it to a fire hydrant?
Reply 82
History Lost in Physics

That's why I taught mine to play dead.
Dr. Unk

You taught a fire hydrant to play dead?! :eek:

That's right guys, I'm still awake :ninja:

*runs off to the sound of the Benny Hill theme tune*
History Lost in Physics
Depends on the 11 year old girl surely :s-smilie:?

I mean - for almost all of them no; but there were girls at my school who were sexually active by the time I met them in year seven. I'm not saying it's a good thing but telling them to stop at that point is a tad of a waste of time (isn't it?).

Yeah, I know that, but I'm just trying to explain my school's reasoning for blocking TSR :p:
History Lost in Physics

Hardly a stupid or useless law. If my family were trapped inside a burning building and the fire dept couldn't put out the fire because there was an alligator tied to the hydrant, I'd be pretty ****ing angry at the guy who put him there.

Where IS it legal to tie an alligator to a fire hydrant? I bet if it happened here there would be Hell to pay, except it doesn't happen much because there aren't many alligators around.
Dr. Unk

Ooh yeah - now THAT is cheating the system :wink:
Reply 87
I read in a constitution that ' membership is to stop upon death'
AlanWCollins
Oh dear ... that tally of offences just keeps rising :sadnod:

But seriously, who would do even want to go near a live alligator, let alone try to tie it to a fire hydrant?

The best damn stag night ever?!!?!
Reply 89
In Leeds, it is illegal for a woman to be topless in public unless she works in a tropical fish shop.

England, since 1313, MPs are not allowed to don armor in Parliament.

France, an ashtray is considered to be a deadly weapon.

Italy, a man may be arrested for wearing a skirt.

Arizona, you may not have more than two dildos in a house.

California, animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.

Florida, having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.

No idea if any of these are true but I thought they were good. :smile:
Democracy
Yeah, I know that, but I'm just trying to explain my school's reasoning for blocking TSR :p:

Ah - I can see why they would actually! Probably to make you work harder too :wink:
British Members of Parliament are not allowed to resign as MPs.

This is, in my opinion, one of the stupidest rules going - and dates back to the time when MPs were nominated, sometimes against their wishes, and thus forced to be MPs.

Instead, they must accept a job which receives payment from the crown, as anyone who receives their salary from the crown cannot be loyal to Parliament and the crown at the same time (or such like).

Thus, Labour's David Marshall took the role of Crown Steward and Bailiff of the Manor of Northstead from Boris Johnson, and David Davis was previously Steward and Bailiff of the Three Hundreds of Chiltern - both are "paid" titles - albeit a very small amount, but necessarily paid to ensure that the MPs are receiving payment from the crown.
Lunarsea
In Leeds, it is illegal for a woman to be topless in public unless she works in a tropical fish shop.

England, since 1313, MPs are not allowed to don armor in Parliament.

France, an ashtray is considered to be a deadly weapon.

Italy, a man may be arrested for wearing a skirt.

Arizona, you may not have more than two dildos in a house.

California, animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.

Florida, having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.

No idea if any of these are true but I thought they were good. :smile:

I like them - how about (similarly to the MP one) that Oxford university students are NOT allowed to bring their swords into an exam - but may hang them outside.
Reply 93
Any of the immigration laws in the US.
History Lost in Physics
I like them - how about (similarly to the MP one) that Oxford university students are NOT allowed to bring their swords into an exam - but may hang them outside.

Quite alot of the Renaissance stuff I've read mentions students from Oxford dueling. The term "swash buckle" comes from the sounds their swords often made against their bucklers.
The Lyceum
Quite alot of the Renaissance stuff I've read mentions students from Oxford dueling. The term "swash buckle" comes from the sounds their swords often made against their bucklers.

Well they say you learn something new every day - and they're right :smile: Cheers!

Do you fence btw?
History Lost in Physics
Well they say you learn something new every day - and they're right :smile: Cheers!

Do you fence btw?

You're welcome. Yes I do, I also have a huge interest in the older forms of fencing, it's sort of a hobby of mine, so I come across this stuff now and then. It does of course help that that period of English literature happens to be my favourite. :smile:
Peruse my recent neg rep people:

[Indent]Classics followed by being a human rights lawyer? Where do you get off?

At best it's 5 years way (degree + conversion + BVC), so why are you shouting it out in your signature now? You sound like a complete donkey, which is what I suspect you are.

Especially given your not even going to be studying law, or even a subject vaguely related to law in any meaningful way. Do you think classics sounds clever?[/Indent]

I never knew that people cared. I'm not even going to explain myself, but with a bit of lateral thinking a few reasons why my route is the most personally advantageous may arise.
jismith1989

At best it's 5 years way (degree + conversion + BVC), so why are you shouting it out in your signature now? You sound like a complete donkey, which is what I suspect you are.

Especially given your not even going to be studying law, or even a subject vaguely related to law in any meaningful way. Do you think classics sounds clever?[/Indent]

I never knew that people cared. I'm not even going to explain myself, but with a bit of lateral thinking a few reasons why my route is the most personally advantageous may arise.

Lol that's a really stupid neg rep! Nothing wrong with having ambition... go for it :smile:
jismith1989

Now i've had some pointless neg reps but that really does beat them!

Latest

Trending

Trending