Watch
AA12055
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there,

Hope everyone is well.

I don't know if I want to carry on with A-levels as I feel as though i might fail. I want to switch to do an apprenticeship which is quite a big jump but it will be in the industry I want to be in.

Can someone please just give me a little advice, if this is a good idea or not.

Thank you.
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AA12055)
Hi there,

Hope everyone is well.

I don't know if I want to carry on with A-levels as I feel as though i might fail. I want to switch to do an apprenticeship which is quite a big jump but it will be in the industry I want to be in.

Thank you.
Only you can really decide if it's a good idea for you or not but it's a good idea to discuss it and weigh up the options. Apprenticeships are valuable experiences in terms of getting ahead in an industry, gaining valuable experience and a qualification. Obviously A-levels can open the door to university if you pass, but so can a qualification from an apprenticeship (if it's level 3), so choosing an apprenticeship wouldn't rule out your chances of going to university later.

Have you seen a specific apprenticeship that you want to apply for?
AA12055
Rep:
?
(Original post by National Careers Service)
Only you can really decide if it's a good idea for you or not but it's a good idea to discuss it and weigh up the options. Apprenticeships are valuable experiences in terms of getting ahead in an industry, gaining valuable experience and a qualification. Obviously A-levels can open the door to university if you pass, but so can a qualification from an apprenticeship (if it's level 3), so choosing an apprenticeship wouldn't rule out your chances of going to university later.

Have you seen a specific apprenticeship that you want to apply for?
Thank you for your response.
Yes, I am thinking going into digital marketing however I have not found any apprentices now I think this is due to Covid and businesses not being able to train apprentices. This is annoying because if I wait too long I will soon be starting year 13.
Last edited by AA12055; 1 month ago
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you for your response.
Yes, I am thinking going into digital marketing however I have not found any apprentices now I think this is due to Covid and businesses not being able to train apprentices. This is annoying because if I wait too long I will soon be starting year 13.
There are some being advertised on the Gov findapprenticeship.service.gov.u k website, however it depends which part of the country you're in. Level 3 apprenticeships start all year round, they're not all September starts, so you might still find one later in the year. If you're interested in digital skills and marketing, have you considered leaving A-levels and going to college instead? That's quite a popular subject for colleges and you would still be eligible for courses there if you haven't finished your A-levels.
AA12055
Rep:
?
(Original post by National Careers Service)
There are some being advertised on the Gov findapprenticeship.service.gov.u k website, however it depends which part of the country you're in. Level 3 apprenticeships start all year round, they're not all September starts, so you might still find one later in the year. If you're interested in digital skills and marketing, have you considered leaving A-levels and going to college instead? That's quite a popular subject for colleges and you would still be eligible for courses there if you haven't finished your A-levels.
Thank you for directing me to this page.

I am South London and no, I have not considered this as I have never actually seen courses in digital skills and marketing, I will do research into this. Thank you.
Azurekalyani
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,

Hope everyone is well.

Thank you.
Im in the exact same position as you. I'm doing A level in 6th form and its horrible, apprenticeship just sounds so much more appealing. Instead of waking up every morning for school and sitting in a classroom, you're waking up to getting paid to learn and so many people choose collage to do their A levels but an Apprenticeship is equivalent to that. 6th form for me just seems like being in secondary school again. Apprenticeship looks like the more grownup approach. Im currently trying to drop out from my 6th form so i can apply for an apprenticeship but most companies are closed due to COVID
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,

Hope everyone is well.

Thank you.
Apprenticeships are a great path imo

You get paid, you get training, skills, a qualification & normally a job.

I went the degree path, but I’ve met lots of people doing very well from the apprenticeship path.
AA12055
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
Apprenticeships are a great path imo

You get paid, you get training, skills, a qualification & normally a job.

I went the degree path, but I’ve met lots of people doing very well from the apprenticeship path.

Same I’m trying to find an apprenticeship too but it’s proving difficult and honestly yr13 is not where I wanna be.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (165)
25%
Better than expected (133)
20.15%
Worse than expected (362)
54.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed