The Student Room Group

The Monthly Film Challenge Thread

My film watching has become somewhat sluggish recently so in a bid to zhuzh it up I've decided to take on this loose challenge each month for the rest of the year.

Each month I post a list of 'random' categories with the aim to watch a film that satisfies each category... My hope is I'll watch more films and possibly, due to the constraints, watch some I might not normally :smile:

Posting the thread as anyone is welcome to join if they wish, in any capacity that they'd like: watching own selections, commenting on others, suggesting what fits a category, reviews, ratings, agreements/disagreements, etc.

July categories:

A film beginning with A, G, M, S or Y
A film from the IMDB Top 250 with a 1 or 2 in its ranking (23 or 198 or 42 etc)
A film from the 1990s
A film with a one word title
An animated film
A film with an occupation in the title
A Christopher Nolan film (born 30th July 1970)
A French film or film set in France (Bastille Day 14th July)
A film focused on a woman or women (Emmeline Pankhurst born 15th July 1858)
A film related to chocolate (World Chocolate Day 7th July)
A film set a long time ago (Festival of British Archaeology takes place in July)
A film relating to an island (Tynwald Day or Isle of Man day on 5th July)

Disclaimer: have seen this idea on a couple of other internet forums so it's a complete rip off from those posters! Thanks to them for idea :h:
As IMDB ranking is constantly changing I'll be using a static list of films for it's top 250. I got the rankings earlier today and will post them in the following spoiler for future reference:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending