The Student Room Group

Autumn Exams

This question may seem silly or irrational but I just cannot make this feeling cease to exist without getting an answer to this question from elsewhere. I so far have sent two emails to my head of sixth form and am waiting for a response. So I'm now asking for an opinion from a third party.
Okay here's the question: Is my sixth form/college allowed to deny students from taking the autumn exams? And if they do allow students to take the exam, can they deny students from reapplying to university with those new results?
Any answer will be appreciated,
Thank you
Exam centres are able to decide not to enter a student for an exam, yes. That said, I can't see why they would do that assuming you've been working and hoping to improve on your grade. You could always try and find another exam centre should there be any problems with your usual one, though this could be tricky with the autumn exams.
If you did the autumn exams you would have to declare both exam results to the university (or if applying before results put your first grade and pending for the second). They could refuse to provide you a reference, but again that seems unlikely and certainly wouldn't be in their best interest.
Reply 2
Schools don't have to allow former students back to resit in 'Year 14' but this year I imagine schools would only refuse in very exceptional circumstances. If they do refuse then it should be possible to go elsewhere.

No school can prevent you from applying to university although their help after you've left may be very limited.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending