Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If they like us some uni's interview us... if i get my ucas application form and ps by mid october when should i expect an interview?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the university and the course.
    I got an interview for Vet Science at Bristol in early November last year. I sent my application off early October, it was real soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Transatlanticdrawl_)
    Depends on the university and the course.
    I got an interview for Vet Science at Bristol in early November last year. I sent my application off early October, it was real soon.
    wow ok because i am not really prepared just started reading up but i was recommended these lecture things and there is 105 of them with 10 seperate parts that are 1hr long in each what do i do?

ReputationRep:
    Interviews at Cambridge are usually carried out late November/early December, and I think Oxford´s are slightly earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megastar)
    Interviews at Cambridge are usually carried out late November/early December, and I think Oxford´s are slightly earlier.
    Oxford's are at the beginning of December.

ReputationRep:
    medicine interviews can be any time up until february/early march time

ReputationRep:
    ermmm i am applying to maths and not at oxbridge so this would be november to december right?

ReputationRep:
    My interview with Exeter was in December.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngs)
    My interview with Exeter was in October.
    no way i don't feel ready

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsStudent)
    ermmm i am applying to maths and not at oxbridge so this would be november to december right?
    Not necessarily - some will interview earlier than that; others will interview much later. Some universities appear to have set interview days (as in, those dates are planned before UCAS even opens) and others seem to interview piecemeal as the applications start rolling in - meaning that someone who applies early may get interviewed in October, and another applicant who applies later may not get interviewed until January.

And don't forget that plenty of universities won't interview at all; you should check the prospectuses of your prospective universities to see whether they interview or not.

ReputationRep:
    no way i don't feel ready

Actually just checked my email, it was December, sorry for scaring you! I just though it was a lot earlier than that!

ReputationRep:
    Depends - I know I had my only interview (at Queen Mary) after I had received all my other offers, in February or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlski)
    Depends - I know I had my only interview (at Queen Mary) after I had received all my other offers, in February or something.
    well to give you an idea of where i am applying its:

Imperial (never going to get int but worth a try)
    King's college (my dream uni)
    Edinburgh (I love it i love scottish accents but i don't really want to move that far)
    Sheffield (wow thats far too)
    Queen Mary's

I think they all interview

ReputationRep:
    well to give you an idea of where i am applying its:

Imperial (never going to get int but worth a try)
    Edinburgh (I love it i love scottish accents but i don't really want to move that far)
    Sheffield (wow thats far too)
    Queen Mary's

I think they all interview

'Fraid that although I applied to four UoL colleges, I only applied to one which you're applying to, so can't be of any help

ReputationRep:
    ahh thats my dream uni aswell!! don't think I'll get an offer from them considering my AS grades are really poor.

Do students always get an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    ahh thats my dream uni aswell!! don't think I'll get an offer from them considering my AS grades are really poor.

No, not even at Oxford or Cambridge. Interview policies vary by subject and uni - hugely. The only way to find out what applies in your case is to check the websites for the courses you are applying for.

To the OP - the best way to deal with this problem is to ensure that everything you say in your PS is 'bomb proof' - ie you will be able to talk about it sensibly at interview. You can't possibly be expected to work your way through 105 episodes of 'Everything You Might Have Wanted to Know about Maths but Would Rather Not'. Just make sure that you are confident about the topics you have already covered in your AS/A2 course, and if there are 'off-road' aspects of any of them that interest you, cover those too - using the 105 episodes if possible.

ReputationRep:

awww what did you get I did apalling to i got ABBC and will be predicted AABCa because i do further maths to so i am hoping they lower their requirements

ReputationRep:
    awww what did you get I did apalling to i got ABBC and will be predicted AABCa because i do further maths to so i am hoping they lower their requirements
    gosh if you think that is appalling then you dont want to see my results!! *hides in shame* I got BDDE!!! I know crap huh? Well I do believe I have the potential for AAB but I've had such a bad year thats ruined my AS grades.

ReputationRep:
    gosh if you think that is appalling then you dont want to see my results!! *hides in shame* I got BDDE!!! I know crap huh? Well I do believe I have the potential for AAB but I've had such a bad year thats ruined my AS grades.
    my grades weren't ruined by a bad year they were ruined by plain stupidity and indolence

ReputationRep:
    my grades weren't ruined by a bad year they were ruined by plain stupidity and indolence
    eh well, atleast you got higher/equal to B's in everything which is good and like me, you can always ressit. You will definatly get an offer from King's. And I'm sure you can get in!! Maybe if you resat one or two modules it will bump up your grades?
    going from ABB to AAB for you wont be sooo difficult and I bet your not going to be 'plain stupid and idol' ^____^
    I've got to jump from BDD to AAB
    :O

what subjects are you studying?

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.