Government now claiming they never closed the schools

Watch
user347
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
The government is now claiming it never closed the schools; it was merely a recommendation. They have done this because they have been taken to court by Simon Dolan and that is now their defence. They are also reluctant to disclose all SAGE meeting minutes. See Simon Dolan Crowdjustice.
A.Poet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean should I just point out that many schools have not actually been closed, but have remained open throughout the pandemic to support the children of key workers and how teachers, TAs, support staff etc have been instrumental in that?
user347
Rep:
?
(Original post by A.Poet)
I mean should I just point out that many schools have not actually been closed, but have remained open throughout the pandemic to support the children of key workers and how teachers, TAs, support staff etc have been instrumental in that?
That is exactly the line that Gavin Williamson's barristers will be taking.
A.Poet
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by user347)
That is exactly the line that Gavin Williamson's barristers will be taking.
Maybe because it's true. It's insulting to all of the teachers, TAs, and support staff to suggest that schools have shut, like they've not actually been going into work to support children of key workers and vulnerable children. I'm not disagreeing with the case at all (I haven't come across it), but at least acknowledge the basic fact that schools have remained open in some capacity.
user347
Rep:
?
Maybe because it's true. It's insulting to all of the teachers, TAs, and support staff to suggest that schools have shut, like they've not actually been going into work to support children of key workers and vulnerable children. I'm not disagreeing with the case at all (I haven't come across it), but at least acknowledge the basic fact that schools have remained open in some capacity.
Guardian headline March 18th 2020: UK SCHOOLS TO BE CLOSED INDEFINITELY AND EXAMS CANCELLED.Schools will remain open only for key workers' children and 'the most vulnerable'.
A.Poet
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Guardian headline March 18th 2020: UK SCHOOLS TO BE CLOSED INDEFINITELY AND EXAMS CANCELLED.Schools will remain open only for key workers' children and 'the most vulnerable'.
Bit in bold - will remain open. Again, I'm not saying I disagree with you (I don't know the case), but at least acknowledge that schools have remained open in some capacity and that this is due to the hard work of teachers, TAs, and support staff.
user347
Rep:
?
Bit in bold - will remain open. Again, I'm not saying I disagree with you (I don't know the case), but at least acknowledge that schools have remained open in some capacity and that this is due to the hard work of teachers, TAs, and support staff.
I am not sure that the government had the legal authority to close ANY school.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am not sure that the government had the legal authority to close ANY school.
They're the only ones with the authority to close schools en-masse.. It is quite literally their prerogative.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (41)
22.91%
Better than expected (42)
23.46%
Worse than expected (96)
53.63%

Watched Threads