Which Law module would you say is the most difficult?

Watch
LS1998
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello,
As I’m due to finish my Final LLB Year later this month, I just thought I’d ask people in a similar position to me as to which Law module they consider the hardest overall?

Personally, I despised Contract, as I found it dry and difficult to grasp in First Year, whilst I really enjoyed Tort and Human Rights Law.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by LS1998)
Hello,
As I’m due to finish my Final LLB Year later this month, I just thought I’d ask people in a similar position to me as to which Law module they consider the hardest overall?

Personally, I despised Contract, as I found it dry and difficult to grasp in First Year, whilst I really enjoyed Tort and Human Rights Law.
Surely its the one you dont like? Not as though people dont have options.
Johnny ~
Badges: 12
Report 3 months ago
It's usually content-heavy modules (conflict of laws, equity) or dry modules (land) or modules that one is not interested in

My favourite was Jurisprudence (yeah...), least favourite was Employment
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 3 months ago
public law made me hate my life for a bit, as there are too many moving parts and the cases too long to read. didn't understand constitutional conventions nor ministerial responsibility, as to me it just seemed like forms of bullying and peer pressure. also had nightmares on Jackson v Attorney General (literally), as Steyn and Hope said out-loud there are limits to parliamentary sovereignty, which actually puts the entire UK constitution into question yet few people know or care about it. government still tells the democratic voter and general public that parliament is sovereign, yet in practice it's the judiciary (i don't have a problem with that necessarily, just the general understanding and lie part).

my favourite was legal institution and methods and legal theory. i liked bits and parts of everything else. not negligence.
LS1998
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Are you referring to the “blurring of the powers”?
What are your views on the prerogative powers granted to the Executive branch?

The judgments for Constitutional Law can be extremely long- the R v Miller (Brexit case) made me want to rip my eyes out of skull just to escape the tedious nature of it.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
For me, it was Civil Law... :headfire: Just 0% interest.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I found Administrative Law to be a complete bore-fest, so it made working through it quite difficult. We mainly focused on Judicial Review and I was honestly sick of seeing the words by the end of it. :lol: I oddly enjoyed Constitutional Law though, despite it tying in very closely.
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Public law was interesting this year with brexit and corona laws etc
Land law I can imagine is dull as anything to sn average 18 year old.
Eu law Was dry? Luckily just 7 weeks long for us.
Equity & trusts next year seems to not be the most fun (nor Tax law or company law but I choose those 2 as I have experience in them)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
17.05%
I'm not sure (3)
2.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (42)
32.56%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (59)
45.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed