No wishes for my birthday from my close friends :(

Watch
MuskaanKS
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Today was my birthday and my family and relatives all wished me happy birthday! But none of my close friends wished me today. The worst part is yesterday was my friend's birthday and many people were posting wishes on her birthday and I am not really popular I just have group of friends and my friends whose birthday was yesterday is really popular. But it's just a birthday I don't get why none of my close friends wished anything to me. Please tell me what I should do?
username3477548
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MuskaanKS)
Today was my birthday and my family and relatives all wished me happy birthday! But none of my close friends wished me today. The worst part is yesterday was my friend's birthday and many people were posting wishes on her birthday and I am not really popular I just have group of friends and my friends whose birthday was yesterday is really popular. But it's just a birthday I don't get why none of my close friends wished anything to me. Please tell me what I should do?
just wanna say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! hope you had an amazing day
lots of love xxx
username5308830
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i’m sorry to hear it, and i’m not your close friend, but a happy birthday off us at tsr is better than none at all, right?
happy birthday!!! 🥳
MuskaanKS
Rep:
?
thank u so much this means a lot!!!

(Original post by ella’s words)
i’m sorry to hear it, and i’m not your close friend, but a happy birthday off us at tsr is better than none at all, right?
happy birthday!!! 🥳
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
I faced this situation and similar with my own friends. What did I do? I ended up cutting them all off when I realised that I was being used by them all. I'm not saying you do that as such, but I think it's worth reflecting on two things here: 1) social media is an unrealistic prism through which to view the world and friendships and 2) perhaps re-evaluate how close friends you think they are. If you're in school/college/sixth form, I guarantee you won't speak to them much if at all once you go to university, so don't worry about it.
MuskaanKS
Rep:
?
(Original post by vix.xvi)
just wanna say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! hope you had an amazing day
lots of love xxx
Thank you!
username3477548
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I faced this situation and similar with my own friends. What did I do? I ended up cutting them all off when I realised that I was being used by them all. I'm not saying you do that as such, but I think it's worth reflecting on two things here: 1) social media is an unrealistic prism through which to view the world and friendships and 2) perhaps re-evaluate how close friends you think they are. If you're in school/college/sixth form, I guarantee you won't speak to them much if at all once you go to university, so don't worry about it.
great advice
MuskaanKS
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you, what you said is true I really don't think the friends I have at the moment will last all through my life and I just need to be grateful and move on, and again thank you for the advice!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Thank you, what you said is true I really don't think the friends I have at the moment will last all through my life and I just need to be grateful and move on, and again thank you for the advice!
It's hard coming to terms with that, but it's a useful skill in life and one I'd wish I'd learned ages ago.

Also, happy birthday!!! :birthday:
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just want to say Happy Birthday from me.:hello:.This happened to my daughter and she was very hurt but this year at uni she was out celebrating with all her new friends.Do not let these petty people get to you.They are so not worth it!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Happy Birthday!!
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well, here, have one from a random stranger, happy birthday!
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Happy birthday! I hope your day was amazing, regardless of your friends forgetfulness :hugs:
Reminiscent
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I hope your alright, andddd HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Happy birthday :jumphug:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (28)
13.27%
I need help researching courses (14)
6.64%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.27%
I need help with my personal statement (88)
41.71%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (52)
24.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (4)
1.9%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (16)
7.58%

Watched Threads