The Student Room Group

law, predicted grades, University entry requirements

Thank you guys, I hope everyone else appreciates your advise as much as I did!
Goodnight x
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by roro_xo
Hi, I'm a yr 12 student studying English Lit, Art and Maths A level, got predicted AAB and achieved GCSE grades of 5-8. I want to study law at uni, preferably in London but I know that most competitive unis need at least A*AA. If u were to recommend me 5 unis which ones would it be?

Or.. just a Uni for each bullet point:
. A uni I'm most likely to be accepted
. A uni I could risk
. A uni within London
. A uni outside of London
. A uni you recommend

Thank you!(:

Are you the one that made a thread a few days ago?:smile:

Bullet points in order:
. Liverpool
. Sheffield
. SOAS? QMUL seems outside reach, they probably would've considered AAA though
. Lancaster
. Kent

Imo Kent, Lancaster and Liverpool are good shots, you can swap one out for:
Southampton, Newcastle, Manchester. I believe they require AAA, but they can be flexible at times.
Original post by roro_xo
Hi, I'm a yr 12 student studying English Lit, Art and Maths A level, got predicted AAB and achieved GCSE grades of 5-8. I want to study law at uni, preferably in London but I know that most competitive unis need at least A*AA. If u were to recommend me 5 unis which ones would it be?

Or.. just a Uni for each bullet point:
. A uni I'm most likely to be accepted
. A uni I could risk
. A uni within London
. A uni outside of London
. A uni you recommend

Thank you!(:

I don't want to be mean at all but why do you keep asking more or less the same question over and over? Lots of people on this forum have recommended you unis in London (and outside London) already and you have said before that you will probably have to stay in London so it's a bit pointless us talking about unis outside London. It has already been explained that while the top London unis will require A*AA, you do have other options such as Queen Marys which you might get into with AAA or City at ABB or lower. You get 5 choices on the UCAS form so you can apply to some competitive ones if you want and hope for the best although you would be unlikely to be accepted by UCL/LSE/Kings. However, you are likely to get offers from QMUL if your predicted grades move up to AAA (as Euphoria already explained) and City with your current predictions as well as all the others in London.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by harrysbar
I don't want to be mean at all but why do you keep asking more or less the same question over and over? Lots of people on this forum have recommended you unis in London (and outside London) already and you have said before that you will probably have to stay in London so it's a bit pointless us talking about unis outside London. It has already been explained that while the top London unis will require A*AA, you do have other options such as Queen Marys which you might get into with AAA or City at ABB or lower. You get 5 choices on the UCAS form so you can apply to some competitive ones if you want and hope for the best although you would be unlikely to be accepted by UCL/LSE/Kings. However, you are likely to get offers from QMUL and City and all the others in London.

I do agree. OP: you have every right to make threads, but realistically it's going to be the same people replying so you won't get different answers.
Sorry @roro_xo I wish I could magic up some more good choices for you in London but I can't :frown:
Original post by Euphoria101
Are you the one that made a thread a few days ago?:smile:

Bullet points in order:
. Liverpool
. Sheffield
. SOAS? QMUL seems outside reach, they probably would've considered AAA though
. Lancaster
. Kent

Imo Kent, Lancaster and Liverpool are good shots, you can swap one out for:
Southampton, Newcastle, Manchester. I believe they require AAA, but they can be flexible at times.

Thank youuu and yesss (: I'm just trying to gather as many recommendations and information in general.
Original post by harrysbar
I don't want to be mean at all but why do you keep asking more or less the same question over and over? Lots of people on this forum have recommended you unis in London (and outside London) already and you have said before that you will probably have to stay in London so it's a bit pointless us talking about unis outside London. It has already been explained that while the top London unis will require A*AA, you do have other options such as Queen Marys which you might get into with AAA or City at ABB or lower. You get 5 choices on the UCAS form so you can apply to some competitive ones if you want and hope for the best although you would be unlikely to be accepted by UCL/LSE/Kings. However, you are likely to get offers from QMUL if your predicted grades move up to AAA (as Euphoria already explained) and City with your current predictions as well as all the others in London.

It's okayy. I'm honestly just trying to get as much advise as I can since I don't really have anyone to ask (at home) or teachers due to online school. My friend's are also in the same position so I'm trying to help us all out. I honestly just want a good degree and a training contract out of Uni, not necessarily the whole life style thing or how prestige the Uni is. I already know that UCL/LSE/Kings,etc are not gonna accept me so I'm just looking for as many alternatives as possible. I'd also love to move out but its just not gonna happen (personal situation). Thank you so much though!
Original post by Euphoria101
I do agree. OP: you have every right to make threads, but realistically it's going to be the same people replying so you won't get different answers.

I just recently started to use this website because of my predicted grades and I think I've come to figure that out as well (: Thank you though, for all the advise given so far! I'll try to find somewhere else (:
Original post by roro_xo
It's okayy. I'm honestly just trying to get as much advise as I can since I don't really have anyone to ask (at home) or teachers due to online school. My friend's are also in the same position so I'm trying to help us all out. I honestly just want a good degree and a training contract out of Uni, not necessarily the whole life style thing or how prestige the Uni is. I already know that UCL/LSE/Kings,etc are not gonna accept me so I'm just looking for as many alternatives as possible. I'd also love to move out but its just not gonna happen (personal situation). Thank you so much though!

You do sound lovely and we will definitely help you all we can when it comes to applying etc. It's just that the advice re London unis is not going to change much no matter who you ask (excluding the top 3) it's always going to be QMUL, City, SOAS and then probably ULaw & Westminster or similar.

Will you be able to attend Visit Days in the Autumn if they are running? That would be useful
Original post by roro_xo
I just recently started to use this website because of my predicted grades and I think I've come to figure that out as well (: Thank you though, for all the advise given so far! I'll try to find somewhere else (:

No, feel free to post!:biggrin:

But perhaps ask different questions? For example, make a thread asking about the leniency of a uni. You'll get more specific advice and it'd be more tailored to your situation!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending