Studygirlll
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys I'm looking to study A levels which are interesting,engaging and fun any recommendations I'll consider all as long as you back up your answers.
CaramelCamel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There aren't any. Only joking, well, it depends really what you personally are interested in and if you might be able to link it to a hobby. It's difficult for me to recommend anything otherwise. It would help if you said what you enjoy at GCSE level or what your hobbies and interests are. You might like English literature if you like reading, media if you like producing and editing videos or images, computer science if you like programming, geography if you love the outdoors and/or travelling, history if you've always been fascinated by learning about what the world used to be like or maths if numbers and equations and shapes just make sense to you. Any A-level can be fun, interesting and engaging but it depends on what you find fun, interesting and engaging. If you find yourself falling asleep in maths lessons, don't pick maths. If you haven't read a book for fun (rather than just because your teacher made you) since you were at primary school, English literature probably isn't for you.
Studygirlll
Rep:
?
Yeah I get what you mean it's just I wanted to hear why people chose their A levels for example I have predicted grades 7 and 8 for media and English but for math it's just 6 since I'm not really good at it. But I've got an interest in psychology but the thing is most colleges don't even teach media or psychology which really bothers me.
pon1de2replay3
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
languages!! small class so all get to be really good mates, noone is ever racist bc they like different cultures, not just the language also learn about modern history, current politics and culture, trips!!

only good if u did the language at GCSE tho x
Studygirlll
Rep:
?
(Original post by pon1de2replay3)
languages!! small class so all get to be really good mates, noone is ever racist bc they like different cultures, not just the language also learn about modern history, current politics and culture, trips!!

only good if u did the language at GCSE tho x
Lol I dropped German cause our teacher pissed me off
absolemo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
General Studies
tamil fever
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Melirose)
There aren't any. Only joking, well, it depends really what you personally are interested in and if you might be able to link it to a hobby. It's difficult for me to recommend anything otherwise. It would help if you said what you enjoy at GCSE level or what your hobbies and interests are. You might like English literature if you like reading, media if you like producing and editing videos or images, computer science if you like programming, geography if you love the outdoors and/or travelling, history if you've always been fascinated by learning about what the world used to be like or maths if numbers and equations and shapes just make sense to you. Any A-level can be fun, interesting and engaging but it depends on what you find fun, interesting and engaging. If you find yourself falling asleep in maths lessons, don't pick maths. If you haven't read a book for fun (rather than just because your teacher made you) since you were at primary school, English literature probably isn't for you.
This^
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Modern languages or Religion&Ethics etc.
Studygirlll
Rep:
?
(Original post by absolemo)
General Studies
Sorry could you explain what that is?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (76)
38.58%
Take autumn exams (66)
33.5%
Look for a job (6)
3.05%
Consider an apprenticeship (6)
3.05%
Take a year out (30)
15.23%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.6%

Watched Threads