The Student Room Group

Things to keep after father died

My dad died couple weeks ago and he was my bestfriend. I feel hurt however at peace also which is weird ?
My dad is the type of person who keeps a lot of things. What should I keep of his to give to my children( I’m only 20 so future children) or just keep for myself. What is realistic?
Isit creepy to make a teddy bear out of his robe ( obviously by professionals) with his voice in the teddy bear?
My dad kept a lot of things of his dad so I feel to do the same.
Reply 1
Sorry to hear of your loss. Are you being supported by your friends and family?

Regarding your question: It's not weird. That's actually a sweet idea. Different people keep/create different things in memory of loved ones they've lost. So whatever helps you is good I think.
Hi first of all, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my father last year and I know how confusing grief can be, so don't worry, it is not weird to feel slightly at peace. I felt the same. We all grieve in our own ways after all, and there is no one correct way to feel at this point.

I don't think that is creepy at all! You just have to do what will help you get through this hard period of time and to help keep the memory of your dad alive. I personally kept things which brought back memories and I felt a connection to.
If you ever feel the need to talk about anything, my PMs are always open :smile:
Reply 3
To me yes that is a bit creepy. Just keep some sentimental things.
Reply 4
Im sorry to hear :console:
Do whatever you need to help you deal. If you think it would be nice, go for it.
Reply 5
Keep whatever gives you comfort and reminds you of him.So sorry for your loss I was brokenhearted when I lost my dad.I think it is very important to give yourself permission to feel whatever you want at the moment.Grief is a different journey for everyone.
Try to get rid of as little as possible, otherwise you might regret it years from now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending