BBC stops support for BLM

Watch
Aloveraa
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
BBC told presenters to stop wearing blm badge on show because they sent out a message of free Palestine. People are sick man, why wouldn't you be against the torture Palestinians are put through. The word "gagged" they used is slightly true . No main media websites are posting about Palestine even though it is a current event I think I've only seen the guardian post on it, not BBC or ITV. I don't understand why they are being accused of Marxism. All the racists are coming out as well saying they don't support blm anymore?
caravaggio2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
its called over reach and it was bound to happen
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Very interesting that Palestine was the last straw
Aloveraa
Rep:
?
(Original post by caravaggio2)
its called over reach and it was bound to happen
An over reach is isreal thinking they can steal all of Palestinians land. Blm has always stood against oppression.
Aloveraa
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Very interesting that Palestine was the last straw
Very ignorant of them to retract their support.
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think they're doing it due to confusion (understandable) between the words 'black lives matter' and the various groups calling themselves 'Black Lives Matter' (no idea if the UK one is officially a part of the main one). Once you add a load of other political guff into it, like the Palestine stuff, the message is diluted and an organsation that's meant to be impartial can't show support for it.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I see no problem with the BBC not jumping on the blm bandwagon here. Pity it is, apparently, due to the Palestine issue though.
Aloveraa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
I see no problem with the BBC not jumping on the blm bandwagon here. Pity it is, apparently, due to the Palestine issue though.
I think it was just a cop out for celebrities and news channels to retract their support for BLM.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is perfectly reasonable to withdraw support when the organisation starts becoming far too political for impartial organisations and when they start veering into anti semitic tropes such as this ridiculous gagging claim.

You do not fight racism with antisemitism.
Chocolatecakexx
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What is Palestine got to do with BLM can someone explain
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aloveraa)
No main media websites are posting about Palestine even though it is a current event I think I've only seen the guardian post on it, not BBC or ITV.
It is so common that when people make this stupid claims that they don't actually check to see if it is true.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-53139808
Pinkisk
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Clearly, the BBC is not an impartial outlet, but rather one with a specific political agenda. The BBC is taking a biased stand in support of a certain group of people. They only withdraw their support for these people when these people present views that are disagreeable with their own.

Anyone that claims that the BBC is impartial is either one of two things ignorant or benefiting from the bias and so justifying and trivialising it in an effort to protect and maintain the bias.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 1 month ago
Ratchet Hoe
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
It is perfectly reasonable to withdraw support when the organisation starts becoming far too political for impartial organisations and when they start veering into anti semitic tropes such as this ridiculous gagging claim.

You do not fight racism with antisemitism.
But the issue is that inequality is not political.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pinkisk)
Clearly, the BBC is not an impartial outlet, but rather one with specific political beliefs. The BBC is taking a biased stand in support of a certain group of people. They only withdraw their support for these people when these people present views that are disagreeable with their own.

Anyone that claims that the BBC is impartial is either one of two things ignorant or benefiting from the bias and so justifying and trivialising it in an effort to protect and maintain the bias.
Sorry are you arguing for or against them support this black cause?
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chocolatecakexx)
What is Palestine got to do with BLM can someone explain
Nothing, bar the blm lot trying to horn in on a fashionable cause.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ratchet Hoe)
But the issue is that inequality is not political.
You are correct but it becomes political when an organisation start making claims such as "mainstream British politics is gagged of the right to critique Zionism". That is a political statement echoing the anti semitic trope that Jews control from the shadows.

It is also an outright lie, nobody is gagged from sharing their opinion and certainly not in British politics.
Ratchet Hoe
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You are correct but it becomes political when an organisation start making claims such as "mainstream British politics is gagged of the right to critique Zionism". That is a political statement echoing the anti semitic trope that Jews control from the shadows.

It is also an outright lie, nobody is gagged from sharing their opinion and certainly not in British politics.
I wonder who said that but people need to focus on why this has all begun in the first place and the purpose instead of staying away into other reasons of what the movement is to be honest
Honeycomb73
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aloveraa)
BBC told presenters to stop wearing blm badge on show because they sent out a message of free Palestine. People are sick man, why wouldn't you be against the torture Palestinians are put through. The word "gagged" they used is slightly true . No main media websites are posting about Palestine even though it is a current event I think I've only seen the guardian post on it, not BBC or ITV. I don't understand why they are being accused of Marxism. All the racists are coming out as well saying they don't support blm anymore?
I support the cause, but not the violence.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ratchet Hoe)
I wonder who said that but people need to focus on why this has all begun in the first place and the purpose instead of staying away into other reasons of what the movement is to be honest
Who said that? BLM UK said that on the official twitter page.

That is why organisations are turning their backs, they don't want to be associated with anti semitism masquerading as anti racism.
Ratchet Hoe
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Who said that? BLM UK said that on the official twitter page.

That is why organisations are turning their backs, they don't want to be associated with anti semitism masquerading as anti racism.
Ohh ok! I don't think people should turns their backs at all just because on person posted an opinion. That is the issue with politics. No one is seen as an individual so when someone posts something not relating exactly to the cause, so many who don't open their minds up assume EVERYONE has the same agenda. Still supporting because it's to fight injustice, not just focusing on Israel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (56)
24.67%
Better than expected (49)
21.59%
Worse than expected (122)
53.74%

Watched Threads