Chemgem69
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey I'm chemgem

I'm 18 years old working full time in warehouse plus modelling from time to time and self teaching my a levels maths, accounting and chemistry

In this thread I'm gonna blog about my daily life any thoughts that come to mind, situations and updates as I go through my days
Chemgem69
Rep:
?
Woke up about 11am had a workout circuit training mainly abs workout then I did a bit of year 2 a level maths integration for about 45 minutes then I ate a big bowl of granola, cooked 4 Richmond sausages in two bagels and ate then I had a precision strawberry whey protein shake had two scoops, then I made two shakes for work 2 scoops in each shake then at about 1:20 I booked a taxi to the warehouse and got there about 2:10
Chemgem69
Rep:
?
Just been chilling listening to some tunes aj Tracey, aitch, Oliver heldens, roxanne looking at tiktoks and Facebook I start my graft in 5 minutes it's gonna be another strenuous day
Chemgem69
Rep:
?
Name:  IMG_20200702_145458.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  357.6 KB
Chemgem69
Rep:
?
Hey guys been busy kinda forgot to blog but here I am today I've not had any graft and I've done a bit of accounting accruals and equilibrium constant in chemistry and did some workouts rn I'm putting my feet up chatting to my girlfriend on tiktok and planning my merchandise launch
Chemgem69
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey guys slept quite a lot today in a way I've kinda lost motivation to blog but perhaps I'll gain some as I get on with my life
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Cool blog! I take Chemistry A-Level too. How are you finding it?

Nice username, by the way
Chemgem69
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Cool blog! I take Chemistry A-Level too. How are you finding it?

Nice username, by the way
Thanks 🙂 I guess a get a bit lonely in here 😌
Ohh nice, I'm finding it OK pretty intense and its defo taken time to get my head round a lot of things. I've quite enjoyed studying thermodynamics, halogens,hydrocarbons and halogenoalkanes

Wby how are you finding it?

And thanks I love chem so it fits well just wish I could spend more of my life around chemistry and get payed for it 😅
Last edited by Chemgem69; 4 weeks ago
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Chemgem69)
Thanks 🙂 I guess a get a bit lonely in here 😌
Ohh nice, I'm finding it OK pretty intense and its defo taken time to get my head round a lot of things. I've quite enjoyed studying thermodynamics, halogens,hydrocarbons and halogenoalkanes

Wby how are you finding it?

And thanks I love chem so it fits well just wish I could spend more of my life around chemistry and get payed for it 😅
It takes a bit of time to get followers on a blog

Same here, some concepts are hard but overall it is fine. What are you hoping to do in the future?
Chemgem69
Rep:
?
It takes a bit of time to get followers on a blog

Same here, some concepts are hard but overall it is fine. What are you hoping to do in the future?
Ohh right well maybe I'll get there in the end aye, am used to having followers on my social media tbf

Cool what year are u in and what is your predicted grade? Which topics are your favourite so far?

I'm hoping to do a foundation year and bsc at Lincoln in chemistry then a masters and then I want to get into either lab chemistry or oil and set up some business alongside my social media marketing and modelling
Chemgem69
Rep:
?
Hey guys today I did a 6am to 2pm shift then I did two hours overtime I was payed £17.00 an hour for extra 2 hours so £34.00. I got back home at around 5. When I got back I did a half hour workout specifically on my abs then I cooked some lasagne and ate a bit of grilled chicken that my dad made after that I did some year 1 integration in a level maths and some redox reactions and half's equations in year 2 a level chemistry

Rn I'm just chatting to a few ppl on Snapchat, tiktok and Facebook I will call my cousins in the carribean later and have a look at year 2 integration
Chemgem69
Rep:
?
Tomorrow is a big day I have an induction at a warehouse in Derbyshire and the pay is £12.00 an hour so fingers crossed I can land this job
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Tomorrow is a big day I have an induction at a warehouse in Derbyshire and the pay is £12.00 an hour so fingers crossed I can land this job
Oooo I hope you get the job!
Chemgem69
Rep:
?
Oooo I hope you get the job!
Sound bud I've gotta leave home at 9:15 to get there at 11:20 so it's chilling I'll stay focused and give it my everything it's a weekend job so 16 hours over the weekend 3pm till 11pm shifts. I think I'll be working 6 days a week now so that's gonna be solid. But the money will be nice as I'll have over £500 a week and hopefully I can do well with my merchandise when it's launched

How are u today?
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ohh right well maybe I'll get there in the end aye, am used to having followers on my social media tbf

Cool what year are u in and what is your predicted grade? Which topics are your favourite so far?

I'm hoping to do a foundation year and bsc at Lincoln in chemistry then a masters and then I want to get into either lab chemistry or oil and set up some business alongside my social media marketing and modelling
Sorry, I didn't reply to this, I must have missed it! I'm in year 12 but because of Coronavirus I don't have a predicted grade as of yet. I will be having mocks in September which will decide that. I don't have a favourite topic but I enjoy Organic Chemistry.

That is so cool! Good luck in your career. You will do great, I'm sure! :woo:
Sound bud I've gotta leave home at 9:15 to get there at 11:20 so it's chilling I'll stay focused and give it my everything it's a weekend job so 16 hours over the weekend 3pm till 11pm shifts. I think I'll be working 6 days a week now so that's gonna be solid. But the money will be nice as I'll have over £500 a week and hopefully I can do well with my merchandise when it's launched

How are u today?
I hope you get the job! That sounds like a lot of hard work but it will pay off. Good luck!
Chemgem69
Rep:
?
Sorry, I didn't reply to this, I must have missed it! I'm in year 12 but because of Coronavirus I don't have a predicted grade as of yet. I will be having mocks in September which will decide that. I don't have a favourite topic but I enjoy Organic Chemistry.

That is so cool! Good luck in your career. You will do great, I'm sure! :woo:

I hope you get the job! That sounds like a lot of hard work but it will pay off. Good luck!
Oh fairs yeah covid fudged up a lot of ppl including me as I was meant to sit maths and accounting this summer. What are you aiming to get and good luck 🙂

I like organic chem too would you say there's more money in that?

Thanks so much and yeah hopefully I'll never be out of pocket and the experience will open up more options I just hope it doesn't affect my studies too much. Warehouse graft does take it out of you but you get used to it
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh fairs yeah covid fudged up a lot of ppl including me as I was meant to sit maths and accounting this summer. What are you aiming to get and good luck 🙂

I like organic chem too would you say there's more money in that?

Thanks so much and yeah hopefully I'll never be out of pocket and the experience will open up more options I just hope it doesn't affect my studies too much. Warehouse graft does take it out of you but you get used to it
I'm aiming for an A - hopefully I will get it!

I think there will definitely be more money in organic chem compared to physical and inorganic but do whatever you want. Money isn't everything.

If it is too much you can always cut down a few days or take weekends off. Is this just a summer job?
Chemgem69
Rep:
?
I'm aiming for an A - hopefully I will get it!

I think there will definitely be more money in organic chem compared to physical and inorganic but do whatever you want. Money isn't everything.

If it is too much you can always cut down a few days or take weekends off. Is this just a summer job?
Nice one good luck pal yup true its what you enjoy most that matters the most I just want a decent income do you have any idea of what profession you want to get into?

I think it's temporary with the possibility of a permo position if I perform well
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nice one good luck pal yup true its what you enjoy most that matters the most I just want a decent income do you have any idea of what profession you want to get into?

I think it's temporary with the possibility of a permo position if I perform well
I'm not sure which profession I would like to enter. A Chemistry degree opens up so many doors, it's all very confusing!
Chemgem69
Rep:
?
Hey guys not long woke up, didn't get much kip!! Had a nice shower though Rn I'm cooking my frankfurters for my lunch and kinda tea? While having a brew For after the induction
Got a big day ahead of me! Do I feel prepared? Not really but I haven't got much of a choice I'm gonna have to treck to Derby in half an hour on the bright side I can have a nice kip when I get back in from the induction I'll be able to swift off and dream away 😌😴
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (196)
38.97%
Take autumn exams (153)
30.42%
Look for a job (17)
3.38%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.17%
Take a year out (87)
17.3%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (29)
5.77%

Watched Threads