Doing the covid test to go visit grandma

Watch
Eccentric Goatie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does the covid testing hurt? I m frightened just by knowing they ll put hardcore tubes through the nose, I have a very sensitive nose I d probably bleed. But at the same time, I d knew if I had it or if I was an asymptomatic case and thus know if I could go visit my grandma 100% sure. Is it worth doing the test?
Thecrazydoughnut
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Eccentric Goatie)
Does the covid testing hurt? I m frightened just by knowing they ll put hardcore tubes through the nose, I have a very sensitive nose I d probably bleed. But at the same time, I d knew if I had it or if I was an asymptomatic case and thus know if I could go visit my grandma 100% sure. Is it worth doing the test?
The test isn’t painful. It’s a cotton stick they put up your nose and another stick for the throat. It’ll be over in a matter of seconds. I was asymptotic case too. But I did the blood test to determine my results. It’s worth it if you want to protect your family.
Eccentric Goatie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Thecrazydoughnut)
The test isn’t painful. It’s a cotton stick they put up your nose and another stick for the throat. It’ll be over in a matter of seconds. I was asymptotic case too. But I did the blood test to determine my results. It’s worth it if you want to protect your family.
What’s the blood test?
Thecrazydoughnut
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What’s the blood test?
It’s where they put a needle in your arm and get blood from you.
Eccentric Goatie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Thecrazydoughnut)
It’s where they put a needle in your arm and get blood from you.
Yeah I got that part, just don’t know thepurpose... if you re already doing the nose insertion test
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have had the test and it doesn’t hurt but the nose makes you sneeze and the throat makes you seriously gag it’s really far back they want the swab sample done.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What’s the blood test?
The blood sample is for the anti body test not a test to see if you have Covid but if you have HAD Covid.
Eccentric Goatie
Rep:
?
(Original post by paul514)
The blood sample is for the anti body test not a test to see if you have Covid but if you have HAD Covid.
Ohh... so do you think it’s worth doing both or for my purposes it s a bit irrelevant knowing if I ve had?
Thecrazydoughnut
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ohh... so do you think it’s worth doing both or for my purposes it s a bit irrelevant knowing if I ve had?
I’d just go for the normal covid test. There’s no use in knowing if you’ve had it in the past.
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You aren't eligible for a test just to see if you are safe to visit someone!
Eccentric Goatie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Surnia)
You aren't eligible for a test just to see if you are safe to visit someone!
What are the requirements then?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've been to visit my grandma and I haven't been tested. I haven't had it (as far as I'm aware) and nor has my grandma. We maintained the required social distance between us and it was fine.
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You can visit and social distance, same as thousands of other people have done that haven't been tested.

I'm not putting info on this forum that could be abused. If you required a test, you'd know.
FRS500
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Standard COVID test is shoving a stick in your nose tbh. Doesn't hurt but yeah it can get a bit uncomfortable

Nothing to sweat really.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You are fine to request a test online. There isn’t a shortage of them anymore if you want one.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Tests cost £100-200. Do you meet the criteria? Or were you going to pay yourself?
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How were you planning on getting tested, just out of interest?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (74)
40.22%
Take autumn exams (61)
33.15%
Look for a job (5)
2.72%
Consider an apprenticeship (6)
3.26%
Take a year out (26)
14.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (12)
6.52%

Watched Threads